MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, April 28, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Reds||-1.5 (+148)||O 8.5 (-121)||-108|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-175)||U 8.5 (-104)||-107|
|Pitching Probables: CIN: Cessa (R) OAK: Rucinski (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Reds vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Entering Friday’s matchup with the Cincinnati Reds (10-15), the Oakland Athletics (5-21) are on a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 9:40 PM ET on NBCS-CA with the Reds listed as -108 favorites, while the are -107 underdogs who may be heading for a fourth straight defeat. Luis Cessa will get the ball for Cincinnati while Oakland will counter with Drew Rucinski.
Reds vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Reds are the 21st-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.3 runs per game (107 total).
- The Reds have hit 16 home runs this season, the third-lowest total in MLB action.
- Cincinnati is 20th in MLB with a .237 batting average.
- The Reds’ .320 on-base percentage ranks 16th in baseball.
- Cincinnati has the fifth-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.349).
- The Athletics rank 23rd in the majors with 99 total runs scored this season.
- Oakland has hit 29 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the majors.
- The Athletics rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .223.
- Oakland has an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 24th in the majors with a .369 team slugging percentage.
Reds vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Reds have been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they split the two games.
- Cincinnati has played as moneyline favorites of -108 or shorter in only two games this season, which it split 1-1.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Reds’ implied win probability is 51.9%.
- Cincinnati has combined with opponents to go over the total eight times this season for an 8-8-0 record against the over/under.
- The Reds have a 9-6-0 record against the spread this season (covering 60% of the time).
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 16 games this season and won three (18.8%) of those contests.
- This season, Oakland has won three of its 16 games, or 18.8%, when it’s the underdog by at least -107 on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have a 51.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 10 of its 15 chances.
- In 16 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 5-11-0 ATS.
|Luis Cessa (CIN)||Pitcher||Drew Rucinski (OAK)|
|0 – 3||W/L||0 – 0|
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India is batting .281 with one home run and 10 RBI for Cincinnati this season.
- Among hitters in Major League Baseball, India is 217th in home runs and 124th in RBI.
- TJ Friedl leads Cincinnati in homers with two while also batting a team-best .298 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Friedl ranks 135th in homers and 100th in RBI.
- Spencer Steer leads Cincinnati in home runs with two. He’s driven in nine runs and is slugging .416.
- Jake Fraley leads Cincinnati in runs batted in (12) this season. He’s batting .214 while slugging .300.
- Fraley is batting .214 during his last five outings. He also comes into Friday’s game looking to extend his three-game hitting streak.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker has accumulated a team-high seven home runs and 18 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Rooker’s home run total puts him sixth, and his RBI total ranks 21st.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .222 with two doubles, six home runs and six walks.
- Langeliers currently ranks 16th in home runs and 62nd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Esteury Ruiz leads the Athletics with a team-best batting average of .258.
- Tony Kemp is batting .163 with two doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!