MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Reds||-1.5 (+148)||O 7.5 (-120)||-113|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-175)||U 7.5 (-105)||-103|
|Pitching Probables: CIN: Greene (R) PIT: Velásquez (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Reds vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cincinnati Reds (7-14) will try to put a stop to their current five-game losing streak when they visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (15-7) at 1:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT Sunday. Oddsmakers consider the Reds to be -113 favorites to end their skid, while the Pirates are -103 underdogs looking for the upset. Cincinnati’s Hunter Greene gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Vince Velasquez.
Reds vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Reds rank 21st in runs scored with 88, 4.2 per game.
- The Reds have hit 15 home runs this season, the fifth-lowest total in baseball.
- Cincinnati has the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.237).
- The Reds rank 16th in baseball with a .320 on-base percentage.
- Cincinnati ranks 25th in MLB, slugging .353.
- The Pirates have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 109.
- Pittsburgh ranks sixth in Major League Baseball with 27 home runs.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks 11th in the majors.
- Fueled by 79 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank fifth in MLB with a .442 slugging percentage this season.
Reds vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Reds have been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Cincinnati has played as moneyline favorites of -113 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Reds a 53.1% chance to win.
- Cincinnati has played in 12 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total six times (6-6-0).
- The Reds are 6-5-0 ATS this season.
- The Pirates have entered the game as underdogs seven times this season and won four of those games.
- Pittsburgh has entered seven games this season as the underdog by -103 or more and is 4-3 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 50.7% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in five of its 12 chances.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 8-3-0 in 11 games with a spread this season.
|Hunter Greene (CIN)||Pitcher||Vince Velásquez (PIT)|
|0 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India leads Cincinnati with a batting average of .307.
- Including all hitters in MLB, India is 185th in home runs and 130th in RBI.
- India is batting .278 during his last five games and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Spencer Steer is batting .300 with an OBP of .403 and a slugging percentage of .467 this season.
- Steer is 106th in MLB in homers, and 162nd in RBI.
- Steer has a batting average of .235 in his last five outings and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- TJ Friedl has collected 22 base hits, an OBP of .367 and a slugging percentage of .472 this season.
- Friedl will look to add one more to his six-game hit streak. During his last five games, he has a batting average of .313.
- Jake Fraley leads Cincinnati in runs batted in with 10 while batting .211.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in home runs (five), runs batted in (18) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .294.
- Among all batters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 15th, and his RBI total ranks 12th.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .277 with four doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
- McCutchen ranks 33rd overall in home runs and 100th in RBI this year.
- Connor Joe is hitting .357 with six doubles, two triples, two home runs and seven walks.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has five doubles, two triples, a home run and seven walks while batting .226.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!