MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
|Reds||-1.5 (-178)||O 10.5 (-111)||-123|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (+151)||U 10.5 (-114)||+105|
|Pitching Probables: CIN: Abbott (L) STL: Rom (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Reds vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The St. Louis Cardinals (61-79) serve as underdogs on the moneyline (+105) in Friday’s contest with the Cincinnati Reds (73-69). Game time is set for 6:40 PM ET on Apple TV+. The Cardinals are favored against the spread in this one (1.5) with +151 odds. Andrew Abbott starts for Cincinnati while Drew Rom is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
Reds vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Reds score the 10th-most runs in baseball (672 total, 4.7 per game).
- The Reds average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 16th in MLB action with 163 total home runs.
- Cincinnati’s .249 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Reds’ .326 on-base percentage is 11th in baseball.
- Cincinnati ranks 16th in MLB with a .413 slugging percentage.
- The Cardinals rank 16th in the majors with 641 total runs scored this season.
- St. Louis’ 194 home runs rank ninth in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals’ .254 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- St. Louis has an on-base percentage of .329 this season, which ranks seventh in baseball.
- The Cardinals rank ninth in the majors with a .429 team slugging percentage.
Reds vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Reds have won 58.1% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (18-13).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -123 or shorter, Cincinnati has a 10-8 record (winning 55.6% of its games).
- The Reds have an implied moneyline win probability of 55.2% in this matchup.
- In the 123 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Cincinnati, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 58 times (58-65-0).
- The Reds have gone 74-50-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Cardinals have won 27 out of the 60 games, or 45%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- St. Louis has entered 43 games this season as the underdog by +105 or more and is 19-24 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 48.8% chance to win.
- So far this season, St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 58 of its 113 games with a total.
- The Cardinals are 56-69-0 ATS in their 125 games with a spread this season.
|Andrew Abbott (CIN)||Pitcher||Drew Rom (STL)|
|8 – 4||W/L||0 – 2|
Reds Key Hitters
- Spencer Steer is batting .267 this season with a team-high 20 home runs and 77 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Steer ranks 60th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and 61st in slugging.
- TJ Friedl leads Cincinnati in batting with a .268 average while slugging 12 homers and driving in 51 runs.
- Among all MLB batters, Friedl ranks 169th in homers and 134th in RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has 113 hits this season and a slash line of .239/.303/.426.
- Jake Fraley is batting .270 with an OBP of .353 and a slugging percentage of .476 this season.
- Fraley enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he’s hitting .308.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado paces the Cardinals with 87 runs batted in.
- Arenado’s home run total ranks 26th in the big leagues, and he is 17th in RBI.
- Arenado takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a double and two walks.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .277 to lead his team.
- Goldschmidt is 39th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 45th in RBI.
- Goldschmidt brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Tommy Edman has 23 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .249.
- Edman has hit safely in eight straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with three doubles, a home run, six walks and seven RBI.
- Lars Nootbaar is batting .274 with 19 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 59 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!