MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, June 8, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSGL
|Guardians||-1.5 (+134)||O 8.5 (-107)||-153|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-158)||U 8.5 (-117)||+130|
|Pitching Probables: CLE: Civale (R) BOS: Dermody (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Guardians vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cleveland Guardians (28-33) host the Boston Red Sox (31-31) Thursday to close out a three-game series. The Guardians are favored (-153) to win the rubber match, which starts at 7:10 PM ET from Progressive Field. Cleveland’s Aaron Civale gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Matt Dermody.
Guardians vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Guardians have the No. 29 offense in MLB play scoring 3.6 runs per game (221 total runs).
- The Guardians are last in MLB action with 35 home runs.
- Cleveland has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.234).
- The Guardians are 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .300.
- Cleveland’s .349 slugging percentage is the second-lowest average in baseball.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking fourth with 313 total runs this season.
- Boston’s 66 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- Boston is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking fourth with an OBP of .333.
- Fueled by 212 extra-base hits, the Red Sox rank seventh in MLB with a .425 slugging percentage this season.
Guardians vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Guardians have gone 12-13 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 48% of those games).
- Cleveland has gone 4-4 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -153 or shorter (50% winning percentage).
- The Guardians have an implied moneyline win probability of 60.5% in this matchup.
- Cleveland has played in 48 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 16 times (16-32-0).
- The Guardians have a 26-21-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Red Sox have been the underdog 34 times and won 15, or 44.1%, of those games.
- Boston is 9-5 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +130 or more on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have a 43.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 28 of its 50 games with a total this season.
- The Red Sox are 22-29-0 against the spread this season.
|Aaron Civale (CLE)||Pitcher||Matt Dermody (BOS)|
|1 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez is batting .260 with six home runs and 31 RBI for Cleveland this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Ramirez ranks 72nd in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage, and 80th in slugging.
- Ramirez enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five outings, he’s hitting .095.
- Steven Kwan is batting .255 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .346 this season.
- Kwan ranks 284th in home runs and 193rd in RBI among all batters this season.
- Josh Naylor is batting .270 with eight home runs and 43 RBI, all three of which rank first for Cleveland this season.
- Naylor is batting .471 with one homer during his last 10 games while also on a seven-game hitting streak.
- Andres Gimenez has collected 49 hits this season and has an OBP of .300. He’s slugging .346 on the year.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Masataka Yoshida has a team-best batting average of .318.
- Yoshida is 94th in home runs and 48th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .286 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 25 walks.
- Verdugo ranks 160th in home runs and 130th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Rafael Devers has put up a team-high 13 home runs and 50 runs batted in.
- Justin Turner is hitting .260 with 12 doubles, seven home runs and 25 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!