MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, April 21, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSGL
|Guardians||-1.5 (+162)||O 7.5 (-117)||-129|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-192)||U 7.5 (-107)||+111|
|Pitching Probables: CLE: Plesac (R) MIA: Garrett (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Guardians vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Coming off of a 1-2 series loss to the Tigers, the Cleveland Guardians (10-9) are -129 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a three-game series against the Miami Marlins (10-9). The series begins at Progressive Field, starting on Friday at 7:10 PM ET on BSGL. Cleveland’s Zach Plesac and Miami’s Braxton Garrett have been named the starters for this contest.
Guardians vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Guardians have the No. 23 offense in MLB action scoring 4.2 runs per game (80 total runs).
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB play with 10 home runs.
- Cleveland’s .231 batting average ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Guardians are 18th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Cleveland has the fifth-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.347).
- The Marlins are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 59 total runs (3.1 per game) this season.
- Miami ranks 20th in Major League Baseball with 18 home runs.
- The Marlins’ .249 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- Miami has an on-base percentage of .305 this season, which ranks 23rd in the majors.
- The Marlins are 20th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .383 this season.
Guardians vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Guardians are 3-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 50% of those games).
- Cleveland has a 3-2 record (winning 60% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -129 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Guardians’ implied win probability is 56.3%.
- Cleveland has played in eight games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total three times (3-5-0).
- The Guardians have a 1-7-0 record against the spread this season (covering just 12.5% of the time).
- The Marlins have won both games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Miami has played as an underdog of +111 or more twice this season and won both games.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 47.4% chance to win.
- Miami and its opponents have gone over the total this season in one of its eight opportunities.
- The Marlins have an ATS record of 4-4-0 in eight games with a spread this season.
|Zach Plesac (CLE)||Pitcher||Braxton Garrett (MIA)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in home runs with two and runs batted in with 12.
- Of all MLB hitters, Ramirez ranks 76th in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage, and 74th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is batting .247 with an OBP of .367 and a slugging percentage of .301 this season.
- Kwan is 273rd in homers and 69th in RBI this season.
- Andres Gimenez is slashing .278/.358/.389 this season for the Guardians.
- Myles Straw leads Cleveland in batting average (.290) this season.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez has a team-high batting average of .438.
- Arraez’s home run total ranks 176th in MLB, and he is 141st in RBI.
- Arraez enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with two walks and two RBI.
- Jorge Soler has shown off his power as he paces his team with five home runs and 10 runs batted in.
- Among all major league hitters, Soler is ninth in homers and 69th in RBI.
- Soler enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .429 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins with 10 runs batted in.
- Cooper has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .190 with an RBI.
- Jazz Chisholm has a double, a triple, three home runs and six walks while hitting .235.
- Chisholm takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!