MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: Amazon Prime Video
|Guardians||-1.5 (+121)||O 7.5 (-116)||-138|
|Yankees||+1.5 (-142)||U 7.5 (-109)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: CLE: Bieber (R) NYY: Schmidt (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Guardians vs. Yankees, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cleveland Guardians (14-16) visit the New York Yankees (16-15) Wednesday to close out a three-game series. The Guardians are favored (-138) to win the rubber match, which starts at 7:05 PM ET from Yankee Stadium. Shane Bieber starts for Cleveland while Clarke Schmidt is New York’s starter for the contest.
Guardians vs. Yankees 2023 Key Stats
- The Guardians are the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 3.8 runs per game (113 total).
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB play with 17 home runs.
- Cleveland ranks 26th in the majors with a .227 batting average.
- The Guardians rank 23rd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .307.
- Cleveland is slugging .341, the second-lowest average in baseball.
- The Yankees rank 21st in the majors with 122 total runs scored this season.
- New York ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 37 home runs.
- The Yankees have a team batting average of just .227 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- New York has an OBP of just .297 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Yankees are 20th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
Guardians vs. Yankees Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Guardians have been the moneyline favorite 12 total times this season. They’ve gone 6-6 in those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter, Cleveland has a 3-3 record (winning 50% of its games).
- The Guardians have a 58% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Cleveland has played in 17 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total five times (5-12-0).
- The Guardians have a 6-12-0 record against the spread this season (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- The Yankees have entered the game as underdogs six times this season and won once.
- This season, New York has been at least a +118 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 45.9% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 19 games with a total.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 7-12-0 in 19 games with a spread this season.
|Shane Bieber (CLE)||Pitcher||Clarke Schmidt (NYY)|
|2 – 1||W/L||0 – 3|
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in batting average (.287) and home runs (three) this season, while also chipping in with 17 RBI.
- Ramirez’s home runs rank him 110th in MLB, and he ranks 47th in RBI.
- Ramirez is batting .368 during his last five games and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Steven Kwan has collected 32 hits this season and has an OBP of .369. He’s slugging .319 on the year.
- Kwan is 316th in homers and 128th in RBI this season.
- Andres Gimenez has collected 25 base hits, an OBP of .325 and a slugging percentage of .358 this season.
- Josh Bell is slugging .377 this season, with a team-best three homers while driving in 13 runs.
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres is batting .245 with four doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks.
- In all of MLB, Torres ranks 75th in homers and 158th in RBI.
- Torres has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a double.
- Anthony Rizzo has a club-high 14 RBI and .282 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rizzo ranks 41st in home runs and 76th in RBI.
- Anthony Volpe is hitting .230 with three doubles, a triple, three home runs and 16 walks.
- Volpe takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a double, a home run and an RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has six doubles, a triple, three home runs and eight walks while hitting .260.
- LeMahieu takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with a walk and two RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!