MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 12:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: CLE: Civale (R) PIT: Hill (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Guardians vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a two-homer game last time out, Josh Naylor leads the Cleveland Guardians (47-48) into action as -129 favorites against the Pittsburgh Pirates (41-54). First pitch from PNC Park at 12:35 PM ET on Wednesday, live on MLB Network. Aaron Civale will get the ball for Cleveland while Pittsburgh will counter with Rich Hill.
Guardians vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Guardians are the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.2 runs per game (395 total).
- The Guardians are last in MLB play with 70 home runs.
- Cleveland has the 15th-ranked batting average in the majors (.251).
- The Guardians’ .315 on-base percentage is 20th in baseball.
- Cleveland’s .381 slugging percentage ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Pirates are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 389 total runs (4.1 per game) this season.
- Pittsburgh’s 84 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- The Pirates’ .236 batting average ranks 22nd in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .312 this season, which ranks 21st in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 26th in the majors with a .380 team slugging percentage.
Guardians vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Guardians have put together a 26-18 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 59.1% of those games).
- Cleveland has gone 15-12 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -129 or shorter (55.6% winning percentage).
- The Guardians have a 56.3% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Cleveland has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 35 times this season for a 35-46-0 record against the over/under.
- The Guardians have put together a 44-37-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 64 games this season and won 23 (35.9%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh is 20-31 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +111 or more on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have a 47.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 45 of its 81 games with a total.
- The Pirates are 36-45-0 against the spread in their 81 chances this season.
|Aaron Civale (CLE)||Pitcher||Rich Hill (PIT)|
|3 – 2||W/L||7 – 9|
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez is batting .285 with 14 home runs and 54 RBI for Cleveland this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, Ramirez ranks 22nd in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage, and 24th in slugging.
- Ramirez will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .273 in his last five games.
- Naylor is batting .314 with 15 home runs and 75 RBI, all three of which rank first for Cleveland this season.
- Naylor ranks 44th in home runs and fourth in RBI in the bigs.
- Naylor enters this game on a nine-game hit streak. He’s hitting .400 in his last five outings with four homers.
- Steven Kwan has collected 103 base hits, an OBP of .345 and a slugging percentage of .369 this season.
- Kwan will look to add one more to his five-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he has a batting average of .429 with one homer.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .245 with an OBP of .318 and a slugging percentage of .388 this season.
- Gimenez is batting .300 with one homer during his last five outings. He also comes into Wednesday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Carlos Santana has 22 doubles, nine home runs and 41 walks while hitting .232.
- In all of MLB, Santana is 141st in homers and 72nd in RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds is hitting .258 with 21 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 31 walks.
- Reynolds currently is 141st in homers and 86th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Andrew McCutchen has racked up a team-high batting average of .266.
- McCutchen takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .136 with a double and two walks.
- Jack Suwinski has hit 19 home runs with 48 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!