MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Tigers||-1.5 (-185)||O 8.5 (-119)||-113|
|White Sox||+1.5 (+156)||U 8.5 (-106)||-103|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Lorenzen (R) CHW: Scholtens (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (23-26) and Chicago White Sox (22-31) meet Saturday at Comerica Park, with first pitch at 1:10 PM ET on MLB Network. The Tigers are -113 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the White Sox are favored against the spread of 1.5 runs with +156 odds. Detroit’s Michael Lorenzen and Chicago’s Jesse Scholtens have been named the starters for this contest.
Tigers vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers have the No. 29 offense in MLB action scoring 3.7 runs per game (182 total runs).
- The Tigers are fourth-worst in MLB play with 41 home runs.
- Detroit’s .228 batting average ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Tigers’ .304 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in MLB.
- Detroit has the second-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.350).
- The White Sox have scored the 17th-most runs in the league this season with 227 (4.3 per game).
- Chicago has hit 54 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the majors.
- The White Sox’s .241 batting average ranks 20th in the league this season.
- Chicago has an OBP of just .298 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- The White Sox rank 20th in the majors with a .389 team slugging percentage.
Tigers vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have been the moneyline favorite four total times this season. They’ve finished 2-2 in those games.
- Detroit has a 1-2 record (winning only 33.3% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -113 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Tigers’ implied win probability is 53.1%.
- Detroit has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 21 times this season for a 21-19-0 record against the over/under.
- The Tigers have a 23-15-0 record against the spread this season (covering 60.5% of the time).
- The White Sox have entered the game as underdogs 27 times this season and won seven, or 25.9%, of those games.
- Chicago is 6-19 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -103 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 50.7% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 17 of 39 chances this season.
- The White Sox are 19-23-0 against the spread this season.
|Michael Lorenzen (DET)||Pitcher||Jesse Scholtens (CHW)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 2|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Riley Greene is batting .295 this season with five home runs, both tops among Detroit hitters.
- Greene ranks 121st in homers and 157th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Greene will look to extend his five-game hitting streak. He’s batting .400 with one homer in his last five games.
- Spencer Torkelson has 43 hits and an OBP of .309 to go with a slugging percentage of .365 this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Torkelson ranks 161st in homers and 98th in RBI.
- Javier Baez is among the top hitters for Detroit with a .236 average, three homers and 25 RBI.
- Zach McKinstry has 31 hits and an OBP of .403 to go with a slugging percentage of .398 this season.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert paces the White Sox with 13 home runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Robert ranks seventh in home runs and 38th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has totaled 34 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Vaughn is 93rd overall in home runs and 18th in RBI this season.
- Andrew Benintendi leads the White Sox with a .275 batting average.
- Benintendi takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and an RBI.
- Jake Burger has seven doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and seven walks while batting .259.
- Burger has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with a double and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!