MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 3:10 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Tigers||-1.5 (+162)||O 7.5 (-125)||-131|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-192)||U 7.5 (-102)||+112|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Rodríguez (L) CLE: Giolito (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (77-84) host the Cleveland Guardians (76-85) Sunday to close out a three-game series. The Tigers are favored (-131) to win the rubber match, which starts at 3:10 PM ET from Comerica Park. Detroit’s Eduardo Rodriguez and Cleveland’s Lucas Giolito have been named the starters for this contest.
Tigers vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers score the third-fewest runs in baseball (656 total, 4.1 per game).
- The Tigers average one home run per game to rank 24th in MLB play with 164 total home runs.
- Detroit has the fourth-worst batting average in MLB (.236).
- The Tigers are 26th in baseball with a .304 on-base percentage.
- Detroit has the third-lowest slugging percentage in MLB (.381).
- The Guardians have scored 660 runs (just 4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Cleveland’s 123 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .250 this season, which ranks 14th among MLB teams.
- Cleveland has the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.313).
- The Guardians rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .381 this season.
Tigers vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have been the moneyline favorite 39 total times this season. They’ve finished 24-15 in those games.
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -131 or shorter, Detroit has a 13-10 record (winning 56.5% of its games).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Tigers’ implied win probability is 56.7%.
- Detroit has played in 146 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 71 times (71-75-0).
- The Tigers have put together an 81-67-0 record against the spread this season (covering 54.7% of the time).
- The Guardians have been underdogs in 76 games this season and won 32 (42.1%) of those contests.
- Cleveland has a record of 19-31 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +112 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Guardians have a 47.2% chance to win.
- Games involving Cleveland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 61 of 143 chances this season.
- The Guardians are 79-66-0 against the spread in their 145 chances this season.
|Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)||Pitcher||Lucas Giolito (CLE)|
|12 – 9||W/L||8 – 14|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs (31) and runs batted in (95) this season while batting .234.
- Among batters in Major League Baseball, Torkelson is 22nd in homers and 30th in RBI.
- Kerry Carpenter has collected 115 hits this season and has an OBP of .338. He’s slugging .472 on the year.
- Matt Vierling leads Detroit with a .259 batting average while slugging nine homers and driving in 42 runs.
- Vierling will look to add one more to his three-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .200.
- Zach McKinstry has collected 107 hits this season and has an OBP of .302. He’s slugging .351 on the year.
- McKinstry enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games he’s hitting .333 with one homer.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians with 24 home runs while accumulating a team-high batting average of .280.
- Ramirez’s home run total ranks 52nd in the majors, and he is 52nd in RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .270 with 36 doubles, seven triples, five home runs and 70 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Kwan ranks 311th in home runs and 151st in RBI.
- Josh Naylor has a team-high 97 runs batted in.
- Naylor heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .250 with 27 doubles, five triples, 15 home runs and 32 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!