MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Tigers||-1.5 (+137)||O 8.5 (-116)||-144|
|Royals||+1.5 (-161)||U 8.5 (-109)||+123|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Lorenzen (R) KC: Lynch (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Led by Kerry Carpenter (two-game homer streak), the Detroit Tigers (31-40) are favorites versus the Kansas City Royals (19-53) Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. Bookmakers have named the Tigers as -144 favorites for the game, which airs on BSDET. Michael Lorenzen starts for Detroit while Daniel Lynch is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Tigers vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers are the second-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.8 runs per game (268 total).
- The Tigers have hit 66 home runs this season, the fifth-lowest total in baseball.
- Detroit has the 25th-ranked batting average in MLB (.229).
- The Tigers’ .302 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in MLB.
- Detroit is slugging .365, the second-lowest average in MLB.
- The Royals have scored the 28th-most runs in the league this season with just 271 (3.8 per game).
- Kansas City’s 67 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Royals’ .233 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- Kansas City has an OBP of just .297 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Royals rank 26th in the majors with a .378 team slugging percentage.
Tigers vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have compiled a 4-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- Detroit has gone 1-2 (winning just 33.3% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -144 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Tigers have an implied win probability of 59%.
- In the 58 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Detroit, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 30 times (30-28-0).
- The Tigers have a 34-25-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Royals have been the underdog 47 times and won 13, or 27.7%, of those games.
- Kansas City has entered 38 games this season as the underdog by +123 or more and is 10-28 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Royals have a 44.8% chance to win.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 24 of its 52 chances.
- In 56 games with a spread this season, the Royals are 24-32-0 ATS.
|Michael Lorenzen (DET)||Pitcher||Daniel Lynch (KC)|
|2 – 4||W/L||0 – 3|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson has been key for Detroit with 61 hits, an OBP of .313 plus a slugging percentage of .386.
- Torkelson ranks 102nd in MLB in home runs, and 75th in RBI.
- Zach McKinstry has 48 hits and an OBP of .339 to go with a slugging percentage of .376 this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, McKinstry ranks 190th in home runs and 277th in RBI.
- McKinstry has a batting average of .222 over the course of his last five games and is riding a four-game hit streak.
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in runs batted in (35) this season. He has a .234 batting average and a .347 slugging percentage.
- Matt Vierling is batting .262 with an OBP of .318 and a slugging percentage of .415 this season.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .248 with 10 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 16 walks.
- Among all batters in MLB, Witt Jr.’s home run total puts him 36th, and his RBI total ranks 63rd.
- Salvador Perez has hit 14 home runs with 37 RBI while hitting .268. Those stats all pace his team.
- Perez is 24th overall in home runs and 56th in RBI this year.
- Edward Olivares has 10 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 11 walks while hitting .254.
- MJ Melendez is hitting .215 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 29 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!