MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Tigers||-1.5 (+143)||O 8.5 (-117)||-138|
|Royals||+1.5 (-169)||U 8.5 (-107)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Boyd (L) KC: Singer (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (31-41) are -138 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Kansas City Royals (20-53) Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Royals are listed with +118 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Detroit’s Matthew Boyd gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Brady Singer.
Tigers vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers score the second-fewest runs in baseball (268 total, 3.7 per game).
- The Tigers have hit the fourth-fewest home runs in MLB action this season (66).
- Detroit’s .228 batting average ranks 27th in the majors.
- The Tigers’ .301 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in baseball.
- Detroit’s .362 slugging percentage is the second-lowest average in MLB.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 272 total runs (3.7 per game) this season.
- Kansas City ranks 25th in Major League Baseball with 67 home runs.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- Kansas City is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .297.
- The Royals rank 26th in the majors with a .376 team slugging percentage.
Tigers vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers are 4-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 57.1% of those games).
- Detroit has a record of 1-3 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter (25% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Tigers a 58% chance to win.
- Detroit has played in 59 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 30 times (30-29-0).
- The Tigers are 34-26-0 against the spread this season.
- The Royals have entered the game as underdogs 48 times this season and won 14, or 29.2%, of those games.
- Kansas City has a record of 12-28, a 30% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +118 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 45.9% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 24 of its 53 opportunities.
- The Royals have an ATS record of 25-32-0 in 57 games with a spread this season.
|Matthew Boyd (DET)||Pitcher||Brady Singer (KC)|
|4 – 5||W/L||4 – 6|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson has been key for Detroit with eight home runs, 34 RBI and a batting average of .228 this season.
- Torkelson is 104th in home runs and 78th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .246 with an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .374 this season.
- McKinstry ranks 191st in home runs and 281st in RBI in the major leagues.
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in RBI with 35 while batting .234 with five home runs.
- Baez will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .316 with one homer.
- Matt Vierling is batting .262 with an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .415 this season.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .246 with 10 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
- Witt Jr.’s home run total ranks 37th in the majors, and he is 67th in RBI.
- Salvador Perez has hit 14 home runs with 37 runs batted in while batting .267. Those stats are all team-highs.
- Perez is 25th overall in homers and 60th in RBI this year.
- Perez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .167 with .
- Edward Olivares is batting .254 with 10 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 11 walks.
- MJ Melendez is hitting .211 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 29 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!