MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Tigers||-1.5 (-192)||O 7.5 (-104)||-111|
|Royals||+1.5 (+162)||U 7.5 (-121)||-105|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Skubal (L) KC: Bowlan (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (54-103) serve as underdogs on the moneyline (-105) in Thursday’s contest against the Detroit Tigers (74-83). First pitch is at 1:10 PM ET on BSDET. The Royals are favored against the spread in this one (1.5) with +162 odds. Tarik Skubal will get the ball for Detroit while Kansas City will counter with Jonathan Bowlan.
Tigers vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers are the second-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging four runs per game (628 total).
- The Tigers have hit 158 home runs this season, the fifth-lowest total in MLB play.
- Detroit is 28th in MLB with a .234 batting average.
- The Tigers are 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .302.
- Detroit is slugging .377, the second-lowest average in MLB.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 654 total runs (4.2 per game) this season.
- Kansas City’s 156 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .243 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- Kansas City has an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- The Royals rank 22nd in the majors with a .396 team slugging percentage.
Tigers vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have gone 23-15 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 60.5% of those games).
- Detroit has a record of 22-15 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -111 or shorter (59.5% winning percentage).
- The Tigers have a 52.6% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- In the 143 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Detroit, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-75-0).
- The Tigers are 79-66-0 against the spread this season.
- The Royals have won 42, or 34.7%, of the 121 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Kansas City has a record of 42-80 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least -105 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Royals, based on the moneyline, is 51.2%.
- So far this season, Kansas City and its opponents have hit the over in 65 of its 129 games with a total.
- The Royals are 67-70-0 ATS in their 137 games with a spread this season.
|Tarik Skubal (DET)||Pitcher||Jonathan Bowlan (KC)|
|7 – 3||W/L||0 – 0|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .234 this season with a team-high 29 home runs and 91 RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Torkelson’s home run total places him 27th and his RBI tally places him 37th.
- Torkelson enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five games, he’s hitting .238.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .288 with an OBP of .346 and a slugging percentage of .490 this season.
- Carpenter enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s hitting .286 in his last five games.
- Matt Vierling leads Detroit with a .259 batting average while slugging nine homers and driving in 39 runs.
- Zach McKinstry has 105 hits and an OBP of .301 to go with a slugging percentage of .346 this season.
- McKinstry is batting .263 in his last five games. He also comes into Thursday’s game looking to extend his four-game hitting streak.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has racked up a team-best batting average of .277, while leading the Royals in home runs (29) and runs batted in (93).
- Among all batters in MLB, Witt Jr.’s home run total puts him 27th, and his RBI total ranks 32nd.
- Salvador Perez is hitting .254 with 20 doubles, 22 home runs and 18 walks.
- Perez ranks 68th in homers and 68th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Perez has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with a double, a home run and eight RBI.
- Maikel Garcia has 20 doubles, four triples, four home runs and 37 walks while hitting .275.
- Garcia takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two walks.
- MJ Melendez has 28 doubles, five triples, 15 home runs and 59 walks while hitting .231.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!