MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Tigers||-1.5 (+118)||O 8.5 (-107)||-178|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-138)||U 8.5 (-117)||+151|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Skubal (L) OAK: Sears (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (37-46) are favorites (-178) on the moneyline when they take on the Oakland Athletics (23-63) Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET, live on BSDET. Tarik Skubal gets the starting nod for Detroit while JP Sears is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Tigers vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers are the third-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.9 runs per game (327 total).
- The Tigers are 23rd in baseball with 80 total home runs.
- Detroit is 27th in MLB with a .230 batting average.
- The Tigers’ .301 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in baseball.
- Detroit’s .369 slugging percentage is the second-lowest average in MLB.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 307 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Oakland’s 78 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .300.
- The Athletics are 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .352 this season.
Tigers vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have won five of the nine games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (55.6%).
- Detroit has not played a game with moneyline odds of -178 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Tigers have an implied win probability of 64%.
- Detroit has played in 70 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 38 times (38-32-0).
- The Tigers have a 40-31-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 75 times and won 21, or 28%, of those games.
- This season, Oakland has won 13 of its 52 games, or 25%, when it’s the underdog by at least +151 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 39.8% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 37 of its 72 games with a total.
- The Athletics are 37-37-0 against the spread in their 74 chances this season.
|Tarik Skubal (DET)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 6|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs with 12 and runs batted in with 42.
- Including all hitters in baseball, Torkelson is 58th in homers and 63rd in RBI.
- Torkelson enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five games, he’s hitting .389 with four homers.
- Zach McKinstry’s batting average of .251 leads all Detroit hitters this season.
- McKinstry ranks 184th in Major League Baseball in home runs, and 214th in RBI.
- McKinstry will look to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five games, he’s batting .368 with one homer.
- Javier Baez is among the top hitters for Detroit with a .223 average, six homers and 42 RBI.
- Matt Vierling has collected 60 hits this season and has an OBP of .336. He’s slugging .427 on the year.
- Vierling will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .286 during his last five outings.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz paces the Athletics with a .258 batting average.
- In all of MLB, Ruiz ranks 350th in home runs and 118th in RBI.
- Brent Rooker has hit 14 home runs with 41 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Rooker ranks 38th among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 68th in RBI.
- Rooker brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a triple, a home run and three RBI.
- Ryan Noda has 15 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 57 walks while hitting .229.
- Noda has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .133 with a double, five walks and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .196 with six doubles, two triples, three home runs and 24 walks.
- Kemp takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .304 with two triples and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!