MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Tigers||-1.5 (-106)||O 8.5 (-114)||-232|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-109)||U 8.5 (-111)||+194|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Rodríguez (L) OAK: Waldichuk (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (37-47) are favorites (-232) on the moneyline when they take on the Oakland Athletics (24-63) Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET, live on BSDET. Eduardo Rodriguez will get the ball for Detroit while Oakland will counter with Ken Waldichuk.
Tigers vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers have the No. 28 offense in MLB action scoring 3.9 runs per game (327 total runs).
- The Tigers average 1.0 home run per game to rank 24th in MLB action with 80 total home runs.
- Detroit ranks 28th in the majors with a .229 batting average.
- The Tigers are 27th in MLB with a .300 on-base percentage.
- Detroit has the second-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.366).
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 308 total runs (3.5 per game) this season.
- Oakland’s 78 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .218 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .298 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Athletics rank last in the majors with a .349 team slugging percentage.
Tigers vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have won 50% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (5-5).
- Detroit has not played a game with moneyline odds of -232 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Tigers’ implied win probability is 69.9%.
- In the 71 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Detroit, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 38 times (38-33-0).
- The Tigers have a 40-32-0 record against the spread this season (covering 55.6% of the time).
- The Athletics have won 22, or 28.9%, of the 76 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Oakland has a record of 6-23 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +194 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 34% chance to win.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 37 of its 73 chances.
- The Athletics are 38-37-0 against the spread in their 75 chances this season.
|Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|4 – 4||W/L||1 – 5|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs with 12 and runs batted in with 42.
- Among all MLB hitters, Torkelson is 131st in batting average, 117th in on-base percentage, and 109th in slugging.
- Zach McKinstry leads Detroit in batting with a .250 average while slugging six homers and driving in 22 runs.
- McKinstry is 185th in homers and 215th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Matt Vierling has 62 hits this season and a slash line of .279/.342/.428.
- Vierling is batting .359 in his last 10 games while also on a five-game hitting streak.
- Javier Baez is a key run producer for Detroit with a .220 average, six homers and 42 RBI.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz leads the Athletics with a team-high batting average of .255.
- Ruiz is 350th in homers and 121st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Brent Rooker has shown his power as he paces his team with 14 home runs and 41 RBI.
- Rooker ranks 40th among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 70th in RBI.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .230 with 15 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 58 walks.
- Noda has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, six walks and two RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .193 with six doubles, two triples, three home runs and 24 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!