MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 4:07 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Tigers||-1.5 (+113)||O 7.5 (-126)||-153|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-133)||U 7.5 (-101)||+130|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Rodríguez (L) OAK: Sears (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (72-83) are favorites (-153) on the moneyline when they square off against the Oakland Athletics (48-107) Sunday at 4:07 PM ET, live on NBCS-CA. Detroit’s Eduardo Rodriguez gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s JP Sears.
Tigers vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers have the No. 29 offense in MLB action scoring 4.0 runs per game (620 total runs).
- The Tigers are 25th in MLB play with 156 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Detroit has the third-worst batting average in the majors (.234).
- The Tigers rank 28th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .301.
- Detroit’s .376 slugging percentage is the second-lowest average in MLB.
- The Athletics have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 565 (3.6 per game).
- Oakland has hit 166 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an on-base percentage of .298 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .372 this season.
Tigers vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have been favored on the moneyline 36 total times this season. They’ve finished 21-15 in those games.
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -153 or shorter, Detroit has a record of 3-6 (33.3%).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Tigers a 60.5% chance to win.
- Detroit has played in 141 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-74-0).
- The Tigers have gone 77-66-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 143 times and won 45, or 31.5%, of those games.
- This season, Oakland has won 34 of its 116 games, or 29.3%, when it’s the underdog by at least +130 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 43.5%.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 74 of its 141 chances.
- The Athletics have an ATS record of 71-71-0 in 142 games with a spread this season.
|Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|11 – 9||W/L||5 – 12|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs with 29 and runs batted in with 87.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Torkelson’s home run total places him 24th and his RBI tally ranks him 37th.
- Kerry Carpenter has collected 114 hits this season and has an OBP of .346. He’s slugging .492 on the year.
- Matt Vierling’s batting average of .262 leads all Detroit hitters this season.
- Zach McKinstry has 103 hits and an OBP of .301 to go with a slugging percentage of .346 this season.
- McKinstry enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings he’s hitting .188.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz is batting .254 with 23 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ruiz is 306th in home runs and 185th in RBI.
- Brent Rooker has hit 29 home runs with 65 RBI while hitting .240. Those stats all lead his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Rooker ranks 24th in home runs and 101st in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has 13 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 44 walks while hitting .209.
- Ryan Noda has 22 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 73 walks while batting .234.
- Noda brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!