MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Tigers||-1.5 (+146)||O 8.5 (-123)||-108|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-172)||U 8.5 (-103)||-107|
|Pitching Probables: DET: Boyd (L) WSH: Irvin (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Entering Friday’s matchup with the Detroit Tigers (19-22), the Washington Nationals (18-26) are on a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:05 PM ET on MASN with the Tigers listed as -108 favorites, while the are -107 underdogs who may be heading for a fourth straight defeat. Matthew Boyd will get the ball for Detroit while Washington will counter with Jake Irvin.
Tigers vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers score the fewest runs in baseball (143 total, 3.5 per game).
- The Tigers have hit 31 home runs this season, the third-lowest total in baseball.
- Detroit ranks 26th in MLB with a .228 batting average.
- The Tigers rank last in MLB with a .293 on-base percentage.
- Detroit’s .348 slugging percentage is the second-lowest average in MLB.
- The Nationals have scored the 25th-most runs in the league this season with 176 (four per game).
- Washington’s 29 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .259 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- Washington has the 13th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.323).
- The Nationals are 28th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .368 this season.
Tigers vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they split the two games.
- Detroit has played as moneyline favorites of -108 or shorter in only two games this season, which it split 1-1.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Tigers a 51.9% chance to win.
- Detroit has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 33 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 15 of those games (15-18-0).
- The Tigers have a 20-12-0 record ATS this season.
- The Nationals have entered the game as underdogs 33 times this season and won 13, or 39.4%, of those games.
- Washington is 13-20 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -107 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Nationals, based on the moneyline, is 51.7%.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in 11 of its 32 chances.
- The Nationals have an ATS record of 22-10-0 in 32 games with a spread this season.
|Matthew Boyd (DET)||Pitcher||Jake Irvin (WSH)|
|2 – 3||W/L||1 – 1|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in runs batted in with 19 while batting .248.
- Of all MLB hitters, Baez ranks 102nd in batting average, 134th in on-base percentage, and 146th in slugging.
- Riley Greene is batting .291 to lead Detroit, while adding three homers and 15 runs batted in this season.
- Greene is 175th in home runs and 163rd in RBI among all batters this season.
- Greene enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .429 in his last five outings.
- Spencer Torkelson is slashing .233/.289/.360 this season for the Tigers.
- Zach McKinstry has collected 25 hits this season and has an OBP of .362. He’s slugging .396 on the year.
- McKinstry will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .357 during his last five outings.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Luis Garcia is batting .262 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 11 walks.
- Among all batters in MLB, Garcia’s home run total puts him 175th, and his RBI total ranks 126th.
- Jeimer Candelario has shown his power as he paces his team with five home runs.
- Candelario is 99th overall in homers and 126th in RBI this year.
- Candelario brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .556 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Lane Thomas has a team-best five homers.
- Thomas enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz has six doubles, three home runs and 11 walks while hitting .231.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!