MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Guardians||-1.5 (+132)||O 7.5 (-138)||-128|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-156)||U 7.5 (+113)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: CLE: Gaddis (R) DET: Boyd (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Guardians vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (5-9) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they host the Cleveland Guardians (9-7) on Monday at 6:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Guardians are listed as -128 favorites to stop the streak, while the Tigers are +109 underdogs to keep their momentum. Cleveland’s Hunter Gaddis gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Matthew Boyd.
Guardians vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Guardians are the 13th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.6 runs per game (74 total).
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB action with eight home runs.
- Cleveland is 18th in the majors with a .239 batting average.
- The Guardians’ .330 on-base percentage ranks 15th in MLB.
- Cleveland is slugging .359, the fourth-lowest average in MLB.
- The Tigers are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 50 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Detroit ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 10 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .208 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .273 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- The Tigers are 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .327 this season.
Guardians vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Guardians have won 66.7% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (2-1).
- Cleveland has gone 2-1 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -128 or shorter (66.7% winning percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Guardians have an implied win probability of 56.1%.
- Cleveland has played in five games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total three times (3-2-0).
- The Guardians have put together a 1-4-0 record ATS this season (covering just 20% of the time).
- The Tigers have entered the game as underdogs six times this season and won three of those games.
- Detroit is 3-3 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +109 or more on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have a 47.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in four of its six games with a total.
- The Tigers are 4-2-0 against the spread in their six chances this season.
|Hunter Gaddis (CLE)||Pitcher||Matthew Boyd (DET)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 1|
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez has been key for Cleveland with 18 hits, an OBP of .430 plus a slugging percentage of .468.
- Of all MLB hitters, Ramirez is 59th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage, and 68th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland in runs batted in with 10 while batting .258.
- Kwan ranks 256th in homers and 42nd in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Andres Gimenez has collected 18 base hits, an OBP of .366 and a slugging percentage of .413 this season.
- Myles Straw leads Cleveland with a batting average of .333.
- Straw will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .316 in his last five outings.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Nick Maton has accumulated a team-best three home runs and nine runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Maton is 37th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Maton takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a double, three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .214 with three doubles, a home run and a walk.
- Among all MLB hitters, Torkelson ranks 146th in homers and 82nd in RBI.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .212 with three doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Riley Greene is hitting .232 with two triples, a home run and five walks.
- Greene takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .143 with a triple, two walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!