MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 21, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (+151)||O 8.5 (-129)||-133|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-178)||U 8.5 (+102)||+113|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Javier (R) BOS: Paxton (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (66-58) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they visit the Houston Astros (70-55) on Monday at 8:10 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The Astros are listed as -133 favorites to stop the streak, while the Red Sox are +113 underdogs to keep their momentum. Cristian Javier starts for Houston while James Paxton is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros score the seventh-most runs in baseball (608 total, 4.9 per game).
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in baseball with 162 total home runs.
- Houston has the 13th-ranked batting average in MLB (.252).
- The Astros’ .324 on-base percentage is 11th in MLB.
- Houston ranks 11th in MLB with a .419 slugging percentage.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking eighth with 607 total runs this season.
- Boston ranks 18th in Major League Baseball with 143 home runs.
- The Red Sox rank third in MLB with a .262 team batting average.
- Boston has an OBP of .328 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Red Sox are sixth in MLB with a .433 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have won 55.7% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (44-35).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -133 or shorter, Houston has a 36-21 record (winning 63.2% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Astros a 57.1% chance to win.
- In the 110 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 55 times (55-55-0).
- The Astros have covered 49.1% of their games this season, going 54-56-0 against the spread.
- The Red Sox have entered the game as underdogs 57 times this season and won 30, or 52.6%, of those games.
- Boston has a record of 21-10, a 67.7% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +113 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Red Sox, based on the moneyline, is 46.9%.
- Games involving Boston have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 53 of 106 chances this season.
- The Red Sox are 52-56-0 against the spread this season.
|Cristian Javier (HOU)||Pitcher||James Paxton (BOS)|
|8 – 2||W/L||7 – 3|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .296 with 24 home runs and 92 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Houston hitters this season.
- Among hitters in Major League Baseball, Tucker is 18th in homers and third in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has collected 120 hits this season and has an OBP of .350. He’s slugging .428 on the year.
- Bregman ranks 42nd in home runs and 12th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Bregman has a batting average of .238 with two homers during his last five outings and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Yordan Alvarez is slashing .275/.383/.553 this season for the Astros.
- Mauricio Dubon is batting .266 with an OBP of .297 and a slugging percentage of .376 this season.
- Dubon enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five outings he’s hitting .368 with one homer.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox in home runs (29) and runs batted in (85).
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Devers’ home run total puts him ninth, and his RBI total ranks eighth.
- Devers heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .476 with a double, three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Justin Turner is batting .288 with 26 doubles, 20 home runs and 41 walks.
- Turner is 42nd in home runs and 13th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Masataka Yoshida has racked up a team-best batting average of .297.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .270 with 31 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 41 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!