MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
|Astros||-1.5 (+111)||O 10.5 (-105)||-140|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-129)||U 10.5 (-120)||+120|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) BOS: Crawford (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A pair of surging power hitters meet Wednesday when Yordan Alvarez — with his two-game homer streak in tow — and the Houston Astros (76-58) take on Adam Duvall (home runs in four straight) and the Boston Red Sox (69-64). The Astros are favorites (-140) for the contest, which starts at 4:10 PM ET, live from Fenway Park and broadcast on NESN. Framber Valdez will get the ball for Houston while Boston will counter with Kutter Crawford.
Astros vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros score the fifth-most runs in baseball (676 total, five per game).
- The Astros rank ninth in MLB action with 177 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Houston’s .257 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- The Astros are sixth in baseball with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Houston ranks eighth in baseball, slugging .428.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking seventh with 661 total runs this season.
- Boston’s 159 home runs rank 14th in Major League Baseball.
- The Red Sox’s .265 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .331 this season, which ranks fifth in baseball.
- The Red Sox rank fifth in the majors with a .439 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite 86 total times this season. They’ve gone 48-38 in those games.
- Houston has gone 34-20 (winning 63% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -140 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Astros have an implied win probability of 58.3%.
- Houston has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times this season for a 60-57-0 record against the over/under.
- The Astros have a 59-59-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Red Sox have entered the game as underdogs 64 times this season and won 33, or 51.6%, of those games.
- Boston has a record of 20-8 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +120 on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have a 45.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 59 of its 113 chances.
- In 116 games with a spread this season, the Red Sox are 55-61-0 ATS.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Kutter Crawford (BOS)|
|9 – 9||W/L||6 – 6|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .294 with 26 home runs and 97 RBI. All three of those stats lead Houston hitters this season.
- Among hitters in baseball, Tucker is 19th in home runs and second in RBI.
- Tucker will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .316 with one homer in his last five outings.
- Alex Bregman is batting .265 with an OBP of .365 and a slugging percentage of .447 this season.
- Bregman ranks 36th in home runs and eighth in RBI this year.
- Bregman enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .429 during his last five games with two homers.
- Alvarez is slashing .290/.394/.570 this season for the Astros.
- Alvarez enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s batting .478 during his last five outings with two homers.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .260 with an OBP of .326 and a slugging percentage of .386 this season.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Justin Turner has 27 doubles, 22 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .288.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Turner’s home run total puts him 36th, and his RBI total ranks 14th.
- Rafael Devers has hit 29 home runs with 88 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Devers ranks 12th among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and ninth in RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida leads the Red Sox with a team-high batting average of .295.
- Alex Verdugo has 33 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 42 walks while hitting .277.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!