MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 12, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CHI
|Astros||-1.5 (+112)||O 8.5 (-123)||-147|
|White Sox||+1.5 (-131)||U 8.5 (-103)||+125|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: France (R) CHW: Kopech (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Coming off of a 2-1 series win over the Angels, the Houston Astros (19-18) are -147 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a three-game series against the Chicago White Sox (13-26). The series begins at Guaranteed Rate Field, starting on Friday at 8:10 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. J.P. France gets the starting nod for Houston while Michael Kopech is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 18 offense in MLB action scoring 4.4 runs per game (161 total runs).
- The Astros are 24th in baseball with 33 total home runs.
- Houston has the 20th-ranked batting average in MLB (.238).
- The Astros’ .306 on-base percentage is 22nd in baseball.
- Houston’s .366 slugging percentage is the fourth-lowest average in MLB.
- The White Sox rank 14th in the majors with 168 total runs scored this season.
- Chicago has hit 40 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- The White Sox’s .238 batting average ranks 20th in the league this season.
- Chicago has an OBP of .302 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- The White Sox rank 20th in the majors with a .385 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have gone 5-10 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 33.3% of those games).
- Houston has gone 4-6 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -147 or shorter (40% winning percentage).
- The Astros have a 59.5% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Houston has played in 26 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-14-0).
- The Astros have a 12-12-0 record ATS this season (covering 50% of the time).
- This season, the White Sox have won four out of the 21 games, or 19%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Chicago has won two of its 12 games, or 16.7%, when it’s the underdog by at least +125 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 44.4% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 13 of its 26 chances.
- The White Sox are 10-19-0 ATS in their 29 games with a spread this season.
|J.P. France (HOU)||Pitcher||Michael Kopech (CHW)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 3|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with eight and runs batted in with 34.
- Of all batters in Major League Baseball, Alvarez’s home run total places him 16th and his RBI tally ranks him second.
- Alvarez is batting .389 with one homer during his last five outings and is riding an eight-game hitting streak.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .264 with an OBP of .355 and a slugging percentage of .434 this season.
- Tucker is 50th in MLB in homers, and 22nd in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has collected 29 base hits, an OBP of .327 and a slugging percentage of .336 this season.
- Jeremy Pena has 36 hits and an OBP of .295 to go with a slugging percentage of .432 this season.
- Pena enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games he’s hitting .316.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Andrew Vaughn has racked up a team-best 29 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Vaughn is 102nd in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Vaughn has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and nine RBI.
- Luis Robert’s eight home runs are a team-high mark.
- Robert is 16th in homers and 30th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .263 with eight doubles and 10 walks.
- Yasmani Grandal has a club-best .270 batting average.
- Grandal takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!