MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 2:10 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CHI
|Astros||– ()||O 7.5 (-128)||-135|
|White Sox||+ ()||U 7.5 (+101)||+115|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Brown (R) CHW: Giolito (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago White Sox (14-27) are the underdogs on the moneyline (+115) in Sunday’s contest against the Houston Astros (20-19). Game time is set for 2:10 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The White Sox are favored against the spread in this one () with odds. Hunter Brown gets the starting nod for Houston while Lucas Giolito is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 22 offense in baseball scoring 4.3 runs per game (167 total runs).
- The Astros are 25th in MLB play with 34 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- Houston’s .238 batting average ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Astros rank 22nd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .308.
- Houston is slugging .364, the fourth-lowest average in MLB.
- The White Sox have scored 172 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Chicago has hit 42 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the majors.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an OBP of just .300 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Fueled by 121 extra-base hits, the White Sox rank 21st in MLB with a .385 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite 16 total times this season. They’ve finished 6-10 in those games.
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -135 or shorter, Houston has a record of 5-7 (41.7%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Astros’ implied win probability is 57.4%.
- In the 28 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-16-0).
- The Astros have gone 13-13-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the White Sox have been the underdog 22 times and won four, or 18.2%, of those games.
- Chicago has entered 14 games this season as the underdog by +115 or more and is 2-12 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 46.5% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of its 28 opportunities.
- The White Sox have an ATS record of 11-20-0 in 31 games with a spread this season.
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||Lucas Giolito (CHW)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with nine and runs batted in with 35.
- Among all MLB batters, Alvarez ranks 43rd in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging.
- Alvarez will look to extend his 10-game hitting streak. He’s batting .316 with two homers during his last five outings.
- Kyle Tucker has 36 hits and an OBP of .354 to go with a slugging percentage of .431 this season.
- Tucker is 57th in homers and 26th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Tucker enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .158 in his last five games.
- Alex Bregman has 30 hits this season and a slash line of .203/.322/.324.
- Jeremy Pena has 39 hits and an OBP of .303 to go with a slugging percentage of .431 this season.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert leads the White Sox with 10 home runs.
- Robert ranks seventh in homers and 23rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Robert has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, three home runs and six RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s 29 runs batted in lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Vaughn is 115th in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has nine doubles and 11 walks while hitting .264.
- Yasmani Grandal’s .270 batting average leads his team.
- Grandal enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!