MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (+111)||O 8.5 (-104)||-188|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-129)||U 8.5 (-121)||+159|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) CLE: Williams (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (60-47) are set to take on the Cleveland Guardians (53-54) Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET, airing on SportsNet SW. The Astros are listed as -188 favorites by sportsbooks, while the underdog Guardians have +159 odds for the contest. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Cleveland’s Gavin Williams have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros are the 11th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.8 runs per game (513 total).
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB play with 136 total home runs.
- Houston has the 16th-ranked batting average in MLB (.250).
- The Astros rank 14th in baseball with a .320 on-base percentage.
- Houston is 11th in MLB with a .416 slugging percentage.
- The Guardians rank 24th in the majors with 444 total runs scored this season.
- Cleveland’s 82 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Guardians rank 13th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- Cleveland has the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.315).
- Fueled by 299 extra-base hits, the Guardians rank 25th in MLB with a .385 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have compiled a 36-27 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 57.1% of those games).
- Houston has a 15-6 record (winning 71.4% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -188 or shorter.
- The Astros have a 65.3% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- In the 92 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 45 times (45-47-0).
- The Astros have collected a 47-45-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Guardians have entered the game as underdogs 43 times this season and won 16, or 37.2%, of those games.
- Cleveland has played as an underdog of +159 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The implied probability of a win by the Guardians, based on the moneyline, is 38.6%.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 41 of its 93 opportunities.
- In 93 games with a spread this season, the Guardians are 50-43-0 ATS.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Gavin Williams (CLE)|
|8 – 7||W/L||1 – 2|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .301 with 72 RBI, both of which lead Houston hitters this season.
- Tucker is 32nd in homers and 11th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Tucker is batting .222 during his last five games and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Alex Bregman has collected 103 hits this season and has an OBP of .347. He’s slugging .428 on the year.
- Bregman is 32nd in home runs and 15th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Yordan Alvarez is slugging .595 this season, with a team-high 19 home runs. He’s also collected 59 RBI.
- Alvarez enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s batting .389 over the course of his last five outings with two homers.
- Mauricio Dubon has collected 90 hits this season and has an OBP of .289. He’s slugging .371 on the year.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez has collected a team-best 18 home runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Ramirez’s home run total puts him 32nd, and his RBI total ranks 27th.
- Ramirez enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .278 with 26 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 47 walks.
- Kwan is 253rd in home runs and 135th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Kwan heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with a double, a triple, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Josh Naylor leads the Guardians in runs batted in (79) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .308.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .231 with 16 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 23 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!