MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 2:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (+115)||O 7.5 (-128)||-181|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-135)||U 7.5 (+101)||+153|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Javier (R) CLE: Bibee (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Kyle Tucker, batting .301 this season, leads the Houston Astros (61-47) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Josh Naylor (.308 AVG) and the Cleveland Guardians (53-55). Tucker and the Astros are -181 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at Minute Maid Park, beginning at 2:10 PM ET live on SportsNet SW. Houston’s Cristian Javier and Cleveland’s Tanner Bibee have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 11 offense in baseball scoring 4.8 runs per game (515 total runs).
- The Astros rank 10th in MLB play with 136 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Houston’s .250 batting average ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Astros’ .320 on-base percentage ranks 15th in baseball.
- Houston’s .414 slugging percentage is 13th in baseball.
- The Guardians rank 25th in the majors with 444 total runs scored this season.
- Cleveland has hit just 82 homers this season, which ranks last in the majors.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .251 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- Cleveland has the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.313).
- The Guardians rank 26th in the majors with a .382 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have gone 37-27 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 57.8% of those games).
- Houston has gone 17-6 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -181 or shorter (73.9% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Astros a 64.4% chance to win.
- Houston has played in 93 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 45 times (45-48-0).
- The Astros have put together a 48-45-0 record ATS this season (covering 51.6% of the time).
- The Guardians have entered the game as underdogs 44 times this season and won 16, or 36.4%, of those games.
- Cleveland has played as an underdog of +153 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The Guardians have a 39.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Cleveland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 41 of 94 chances this season.
- In 94 games with a spread this season, the Guardians are 50-44-0 ATS.
|Cristian Javier (HOU)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|7 – 2||W/L||7 – 2|
Astros Key Hitters
- Tucker leads Houston in runs batted in with 74 while batting .301, which is also best on the team.
- Among hitters in Major League Baseball, Tucker is 33rd in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Tucker enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five games, he’s hitting .238.
- Alex Bregman has collected 103 hits this season and has an OBP of .344. He’s slugging .424 on the year.
- Bregman ranks 33rd in home runs and 15th in RBI this year.
- Yordan Alvarez’s 19 home runs lead all Houston hitters, and he’s slugging .595.
- Alvarez enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s batting .389 in his last five games with two homers.
- Jeremy Pena has 93 hits and an OBP of .306 to go with a slugging percentage of .383 this season.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez has hit a team-high 18 homers.
- In all of the majors, Ramirez ranks 33rd in homers and 28th in RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .276 with 26 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 47 walks.
- Kwan is 252nd among batters in the majors in homers, and 136th in RBI.
- Naylor has racked up a team-best batting average of .308 while pacing the Guardians in runs batted in (79).
- Andres Gimenez has 16 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 23 walks while hitting .230.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!