MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 6:10 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Astros||-1.5 (+125)||O 8.5 (-119)||-129|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-147)||U 8.5 (-106)||+111|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Brown (R) DET: Rodríguez (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Eduardo Rodriguez gets the start for the Detroit Tigers (59-69) Saturday in search of win No. 10 of the season in a matchup with the Houston Astros (72-58). The Tigers are +111 underdogs for the contest, which starts at 6:10 PM ET on BSDET, live from Comerica Park. Hunter Brown starts for Houston while Rodriguez is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 8 offense in MLB action scoring 4.9 runs per game (631 total runs).
- The Astros rank ninth in baseball with 167 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Houston has the 14th-ranked batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Astros rank 12th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Houston ranks 11th in baseball, slugging .419.
- The Tigers have scored 512 runs (just 4.0 per game) this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Detroit has hit 131 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- Detroit is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .301.
- The Tigers rank 28th in the majors with a .379 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have won 54.8% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (46-38).
- Houston has gone 37-25 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -129 or shorter (59.7% winning percentage).
- The Astros have a 56.3% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Houston has played in 113 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-56-0).
- The Astros have covered 48.7% of their games this season, going 56-59-0 ATS.
- This season, the Tigers have been the underdog 99 times and won 45, or 45.5%, of those games.
- Detroit has a record of 33-46, a 41.8% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +111 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 47.4% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 56 of its 114 opportunities.
- The Tigers are 64-52-0 ATS in their 116 games with a spread this season.
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)|
|9 – 9||W/L||9 – 6|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in home runs with 25, runs batted in with 95 and his batting average of .291 is also best on his team.
- Tucker ranks 21st in baseball in home runs, and second in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has collected 127 hits this season and has an OBP of .355. He’s slugging .427 on the year.
- Bregman is 46th in home runs and 12th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Yordan Alvarez has 80 hits this season and a slash line of .272/.380/.541.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .253 with an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .375 this season.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson leads the Tigers with 23 home runs and 69 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Torkelson’s home run total puts him 31st, and his RBI total ranks 36th.
- Kerry Carpenter is hitting .290 with 12 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 24 walks.
- Carpenter is 46th in home runs and 96th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Carpenter enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .353 with a double, five home runs, four walks and 13 RBI.
- Riley Greene is batting .293 with 18 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 33 walks.
- Javier Baez is hitting .224 with 13 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 19 walks.
- Baez has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!