MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (-102)||O 8.5 (+102)||-227|
|Royals||+1.5 (-114)||U 8.5 (-129)||+189|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) KC: Ragans (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (51-102) roll into Friday’s matchup with the Houston Astros (85-68) looking to extend a three-game winning streak. The contest starts at 8:10 PM ET on SportsNet SW with the Astros listed as -227 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Royals’ streak. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Kansas City’s Cole Ragans have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros score the fifth-most runs in baseball (789 total, 5.2 per game).
- The Astros average 1.4 home runs per game to rank seventh in baseball with 211 total home runs.
- Houston’s .260 batting average is fourth-best in the majors.
- The Astros’ .332 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in baseball.
- Houston’s .437 slugging percentage ranks sixth-best in baseball.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 635 total runs (4.2 per game) this season.
- Kansas City ranks 26th in Major League Baseball with just 152 home runs as a team.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .244 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- Kansas City is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .303.
- Fueled by 443 extra-base hits, the Royals rank 21st in MLB with a .397 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite 101 total times this season. They’ve gone 53-48 in those games.
- Houston has a record of 12-2 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -227 or shorter (85.7% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Astros a 69.4% chance to win.
- In the 136 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 71 times (71-65-0).
- The Astros have covered 49.6% of their games this season, going 68-69-0 ATS.
- The Royals have won 39, or 33.3%, of the 117 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Kansas City has a record of 6-18 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +189 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 34.6% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 62 of its 125 opportunities.
- The Royals are 64-69-0 against the spread this season.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Cole Ragans (KC)|
|12 – 10||W/L||6 – 4|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in batting average (.282), home runs (28) and runs batted in (108) this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Tucker’s home run total ranks him 26th and his RBI tally places him third.
- Alex Bregman has collected 156 hits this season and has an OBP of .367. He’s slugging .445 on the year.
- Bregman is 48th in homers and 14th in RBI among all batters this season.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with 28. He’s driven in 93 runs and is slugging .573.
- Jose Altuve has 100 hits and an OBP of .397 to go with a slugging percentage of .545 this season.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads the Royals in home runs (29), runs batted in (91) and has put up a team-best batting average of .278.
- In all of MLB, Witt Jr. is 21st in home runs and 29th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- MJ Melendez is hitting .234 with 28 doubles, five triples, 15 home runs and 59 walks.
- Melendez is 139th overall in home runs and 146th in RBI this season.
- Maikel Garcia is hitting .275 with 20 doubles, four triples, four home runs and 35 walks.
- Garcia has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two walks.
- Edward Olivares is batting .264 with 21 doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 21 walks.
- Olivares has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!