MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 8, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
|Astros||-1.5 (+137)||O 8.5 (-123)||-119|
|Angels||+1.5 (-161)||U 8.5 (-103)||+101|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Brown (R) LAA: Sandoval (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Angels, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (17-17) are -119 favorites to break their two-game losing streak when they face the Los Angeles Angels (19-16), losers of two in a row. The game begins Monday at 9:38 PM ET on BSW, live from Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Houston’s Hunter Brown gets the start, and he’ll go against Los Angeles’ Patrick Sandoval.
Astros vs. Angels 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros rank 18th in runs scored with 149, 4.4 per game.
- The Astros are 24th in MLB play with 30 total home runs.
- Houston has the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.239).
- The Astros are 21st in MLB with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Houston is slugging .367, the fourth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Angels have scored 184 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in Major League Baseball with 47 home runs.
- The Angels’ .260 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking eighth in MLB.
- Los Angeles has an OBP of .334 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Angels are 11th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
Astros vs. Angels Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have compiled a 4-9 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 30.8% of those games).
- Houston has gone 4-8 (winning just 33.3% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -119 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Astros’ implied win probability is 54.3%.
- Houston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 23 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 11 of those games (11-12-0).
- The Astros have put together an 11-10-0 record ATS this season (covering 52.4% of the time).
- The Angels have won four of the nine games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 4-4 when it’s set as an underdog of +101 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Angels have a 49.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 11 of its 23 games with a total.
- The Angels are 12-12-0 against the spread this season.
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||Patrick Sandoval (LAA)|
|3 – 1||W/L||3 – 1|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker has been key for Houston with six home runs, 24 RBI and a batting average of .280 this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Tucker is 53rd in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage, and 62nd in slugging.
- Tucker is batting .294 with one homer during his last five outings and is on a three-game hitting streak.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .275 this season with a team-high seven home runs and 31 RBI.
- Alvarez ranks 21st in home runs and third in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Alvarez will look to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he’s batting .316 with one homer.
- Alex Bregman has 25 hits this season and a slash line of .195/.322/.320.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .246 with an OBP of .294 and a slugging percentage of .448 this season.
Angels Key Hitters
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .295 with five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 16 walks.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s home run total puts him 21st, and his RBI total ranks 37th.
- Mike Trout has shown his power as he paces his team with eight home runs.
- Trout ranks 13th overall in homers and 37th in RBI this season.
- Trout has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe leads the Angels in home runs (eight) and runs batted in (23).
- Renfroe has hit safely in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .220 with two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Anthony Rendon is hitting .291 with three doubles, a home run and 18 walks.
- Rendon takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .471 with a home run, five walks and six RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!