MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) LAA: Ohtani (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Angels, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (17-18) stumble into Tuesday’s matchup with the Los Angeles Angels (20-16) looking to break a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 9:38 PM ET on MLB Network with the Astros listed as -108 favorites to right the ship. Houston’s Framber Valdez gets the start, and he’ll go against Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani.
Astros vs. Angels 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros are the 15th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.4 runs per game (153 total).
- The Astros average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 24th in MLB play with 31 total home runs.
- Houston’s .238 batting average ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Astros’ .308 on-base percentage is 22nd in MLB.
- Houston is slugging .369, the fourth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Angels have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 190.
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in Major League Baseball with 48 home runs.
- The Angels have a team batting average of .262 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- Los Angeles has an on-base percentage of .336 this season, which ranks sixth in baseball.
- The Angels rank eighth in the majors with a .425 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Angels Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have put together a 4-10 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 28.6% of those games).
- Houston has a 5-10 record (winning only 33.3% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -108 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Astros’ implied win probability is 51.9%.
- Houston has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 12 times this season for a 12-12-0 record against the over/under.
- The Astros have collected an 11-11-0 record ATS this season.
- The Angels have been underdogs in 10 games this season and won five (50%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has a record of 5-5 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least -107 on the moneyline.
- The Angels have a 51.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 12 of 24 chances this season.
- The Angels are 13-12-0 against the spread in their 25 chances this season.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Shohei Ohtani (LAA)|
|2 – 4||W/L||4 – 0|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker has been key for Houston with 33 hits, an OBP of .374 plus a slugging percentage of .451.
- Among batters in baseball, Tucker is 43rd in home runs and 20th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .283 this season with a team-high seven home runs and 32 RBI.
- Alvarez is 22nd in baseball in homers, and third in RBI.
- Alvarez will look to extend his six-game hit streak. In his last five games, he’s batting .368 with one homer.
- Alex Bregman is slashing .205/.327/.341 this season for the Astros.
- Jeremy Pena has 33 hits and an OBP of .286 to go with a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
Angels Key Hitters
- Ohtani has seven doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 16 walks while batting .301.
- Ohtani’s home run total ranks 22nd in the big leagues, and he is 28th in RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe’s nine home runs and 24 RBI both pace his team.
- Renfroe is seventh in homers and 20th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Renfroe has hit safely in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .195 with two home runs and five RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .290 with nine doubles, eight home runs and 17 walks.
- Anthony Rendon is batting .295 with three doubles, a home run and 19 walks.
- Rendon brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .400 with a double, a home run, eight walks and eight RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!