MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 14, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
|Astros||-1.5 (+121)||O 7.5 (-120)||-138|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-142)||U 7.5 (-105)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) MIA: Garrett (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Coming off of a 2-1 series win over the Angels, the Houston Astros (68-51) are -138 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a three-game series against the Miami Marlins (62-57). The series begins at LoanDepot park, starting on Monday at 6:40 PM ET on BSFL. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Miami’s Braxton Garrett have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros score the seventh-most runs in baseball (580 total, 4.9 per game).
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in baseball with 153 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 14th in MLB with a .251 batting average.
- The Astros’ .324 on-base percentage ranks 12th in baseball.
- Houston ranks 12th in baseball with a .417 slugging percentage.
- The Marlins have scored the 26th-most runs in the league this season with just 485 (4.1 per game).
- Miami ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 111 home runs as a team.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of .262 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- Miami has the 16th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.318).
- Fueled by 320 extra-base hits, the Marlins rank 20th in MLB with a .400 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite 73 total times this season. They’ve finished 42-31 in those games.
- Houston has gone 34-17 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter (66.7% winning percentage).
- The Astros have a 58% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Houston has played in 104 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 51 times (51-53-0).
- The Astros have a 53-51-0 record against the spread this season (covering 51% of the time).
- The Marlins have won 23, or 44.2%, of the 52 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Miami has a record of 11-15, a 42.3% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +118 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Marlins, based on the moneyline, is 45.9%.
- Miami and its opponents have hit the over in 47 of its 99 games with a total this season.
- In 106 games with a spread this season, the Marlins are 49-57-0 ATS.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Braxton Garrett (MIA)|
|9 – 7||W/L||6 – 3|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in batting average (.297), home runs (22) and runs batted in (88) this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, Tucker is 11th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 11th in slugging.
- Tucker enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings, he’s hitting .300 with two homers.
- Alex Bregman has 115 hits and an OBP of .353 to go with a slugging percentage of .417 this season.
- Bregman is 52nd in homers and 15th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Bregman has a batting average of .444 over the course of his last five outings and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Yordan Alvarez has 71 hits this season and a slash line of .270/.376/.559.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .252 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .378 this season.
- Pena enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five games he’s hitting .421.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez leads the Marlins with a .367 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Arraez is 294th in home runs and 69th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler’s 28 home runs and 62 runs batted in both lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Soler ranks eighth in homers and 49th in RBI.
- Bryan De La Cruz is hitting .262 with 26 doubles, 16 home runs and 33 walks.
- Josh Bell is hitting .242 with 21 doubles, 15 home runs and 49 walks.
- Bell takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .243 with two doubles, three home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!