MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
|Astros||-1.5 (+137)||O 7.5 (-131)||-125|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-161)||U 7.5 (+103)||+106|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Verlander (R) MIA: Luzardo (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (69-52) hope to avoid an upset as -125 favorites when they take on Jorge Soler (with homers in two straight contests) and the Miami Marlins (63-58). First pitch is at 6:40 PM ET Wednesday, live from LoanDepot park and airing on BSFL. Justin Verlander will get the ball for Houston while Miami will counter with Jesus Luzardo.
Astros vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 6 offense in MLB play scoring 4.9 runs per game (587 total runs).
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB action with 156 total home runs.
- Houston’s .251 batting average ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Astros’ .324 on-base percentage ranks 11th in baseball.
- Houston ranks 12th in baseball, slugging .417.
- The Marlins rank 25th in the majors with 495 total runs scored this season.
- Miami ranks 27th in Major League Baseball with just 115 home runs as a team.
- The Marlins’ .261 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- Miami has the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.317).
- The Marlins are 18th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .402 this season.
Astros vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been favored on the moneyline 75 total times this season. They’ve gone 43-32 in those games.
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -125 or shorter, Houston has gone 39-21 (65%).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Astros have an implied win probability of 55.6%.
- Houston has played in 106 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 52 times (52-54-0).
- The Astros have a 53-53-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Marlins have won 24 out of the 54 games, or 44.4%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Miami has a record of 15-21 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +106 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 48.5% chance to win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 48 of its 101 chances.
- The Marlins are 51-57-0 ATS in their 108 games with a spread this season.
|Justin Verlander (HOU)||Pitcher||Jesús Luzardo (MIA)|
|7 – 6||W/L||8 – 7|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .296 with 23 home runs and 89 RBI. All three of those stats rank first among Houston hitters this season.
- Tucker’s home runs put him 21st in MLB, and he ranks fourth in RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .249 with an OBP of .349 and a slugging percentage of .410 this season.
- Bregman is 56th in homers and 16th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Yordan Alvarez has collected 73 base hits, an OBP of .382 and a slugging percentage of .560 this season.
- Alvarez is batting .162 with one homer over the course of his last 10 outings while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Jeremy Pena has collected 106 hits this season and has an OBP of .313. He’s slugging .375 on the year.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez paces the Marlins with a .363 batting average.
- In all of MLB, Arraez is 270th in homers and 66th in RBI.
- Soler has shown off his power as he leads his team with 30 home runs and 65 RBI.
- Soler is sixth among batters in MLB in home runs, and 40th in RBI.
- Soler has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Bryan De La Cruz is hitting .260 with 26 doubles, 16 home runs and 33 walks.
- Josh Bell has 21 doubles, 16 home runs and 49 walks while hitting .242.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!