MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: American Family Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- How to Watch on TV: BSWI
|Astros||-1.5 (+123)||O 9.5 (-103)||-129|
|Brewers||+1.5 (-144)||U 9.5 (-123)||+111|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: France (R) MIL: Rea (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Brewers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (28-19) will look to Yordan Alvarez, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers (25-22) Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET on BSWI. The Astros are -129 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. J.P. France takes the mound for Houston while Colin Rea is Milwaukee’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. Brewers 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 14 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (213 total runs).
- The Astros rank 23rd in MLB play with 45 total home runs.
- Houston’s .248 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Astros’ .319 on-base percentage ranks 17th in MLB.
- Houston’s .389 slugging percentage ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Brewers have scored 195 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- Milwaukee’s 57 home runs rank 13th in Major League Baseball.
- The Brewers have a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 21st among MLB teams.
- Milwaukee has an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Fueled by 118 extra-base hits, the Brewers rank 19th in MLB with a .390 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Brewers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have won 56.5% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (13-10).
- Houston has gone 12-7 (winning 63.2% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -129 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Astros have an implied win probability of 56.3%.
- Houston has played in 36 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 16 times (16-20-0).
- The Astros have covered 50% of their games this season, going 17-17-0 ATS.
- The Brewers have entered the game as underdogs 16 times this season and won eight, or 50%, of those games.
- Milwaukee is 8-6 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +111 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Brewers, based on the moneyline, is 47.4%.
- So far this season, Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of its 37 games with a total.
- The Brewers are 15-21-0 ATS in their 36 games with a spread this season.
|J.P. France (HOU)||Pitcher||Colin Rea (MIL)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 3|
Astros Key Hitters
- Alvarez is batting .305 this season with a team-high 12 home runs and 46 RBI.
- Alvarez ranks ninth in home runs and second in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Alvarez enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .350 with three homers.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .277 with an OBP of .361 and a slugging percentage of .458 this season.
- Tucker ranks 52nd in home runs and 16th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Alex Bregman is slashing .222/.329/.361 this season for the Astros.
- Mauricio Dubon leads Houston in batting average (.307) this season.
Brewers Key Hitters
- Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with a team-high batting average of .257.
- Yelich’s home run total ranks 52nd in the majors, and he is 60th in RBI.
- Yelich has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has put his power on display as he paces his team with 12 home runs and 26 RBI.
- Among all major league hitters, Tellez ranks ninth in home runs and 48th in RBI.
- Tellez has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .273 with two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Willy Adames is hitting .208 with five doubles, eight home runs and 22 walks.
- Brian Anderson has five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 21 walks while hitting .234.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!