MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (+113)||O 7.5 (-119)||-188|
|Twins||+1.5 (-133)||U 7.5 (-106)||+159|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Brown (R) MIN: Varland (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Twins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (32-22) host the Minnesota Twins (28-27) Wednesday to close out a three-game series. The Astros are favored (-188) to win the rubber match, which starts at 8:10 PM ET from Minute Maid Park. Houston’s Hunter Brown and Minnesota’s Louie Varland have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Twins 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 20 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (244 total runs).
- The Astros are 21st in MLB action with 56 total home runs.
- Houston has the 18th-ranked batting average in the majors (.244).
- The Astros are 21st in MLB with a .315 on-base percentage.
- Houston ranks 22nd in MLB with a .391 slugging percentage.
- The Twins rank 16th in the majors with 248 total runs scored this season.
- Minnesota has hit 74 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the majors.
- The Twins have a team batting average of .231 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- Minnesota has an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 22nd in the majors.
- Fueled by 165 extra-base hits, the Twins rank 16th in MLB with a .403 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Twins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have won 58.6% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (17-12).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -188 or shorter, Houston has a record of 8-2 (80%).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Astros have an implied win probability of 65.3%.
- Houston has played in 43 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 19 times (19-24-0).
- The Astros have put together a 21-20-0 record ATS this season (covering 51.2% of the time).
- The Twins have won six, or 35.3%, of the 17 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Minnesota has played as an underdog of +159 or more once this season and won that game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 38.6% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 16 of its 39 opportunities.
- The Twins are 19-22-0 against the spread this season.
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||Louie Varland (MIN)|
|5 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .283 this season with a team-high 14 home runs and 48 RBI.
- Alvarez’s home runs rank him seventh in Major League Baseball, and he ranks second in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 50 hits and an OBP of .335 to go with a slugging percentage of .385 this season.
- Bregman is 80th in homers and 52nd in RBI this year.
- Bregman will look to extend his six-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he’s batting .429 with one homer.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 51 base hits, an OBP of .350 and a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
- Jeremy Pena has collected 50 hits this season and has an OBP of .299. He’s slugging .436 on the year.
Twins Key Hitters
- Byron Buxton has accumulated a team-high batting average of .221.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Buxton ranks 35th in home runs and 105th in RBI.
- Carlos Correa has 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 25 walks while batting .211.
- Correa currently is 102nd in home runs and 93rd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Joey Gallo has hit a team-best 11 home runs.
- Max Kepler is batting .194 with five doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!