MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 4:45 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: FS1
|Astros||-1.5 (+137)||O 7.5 (-113)||-156|
|Twins||+1.5 (-161)||U 7.5 (-112)||+132|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Verlander (R) MIN: Ober (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Twins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The ALDS begins on Saturday when the Houston Astros play host to the Minnesota Twins. Action begins at 4:45 PM ET at Minute Maid Park, and can be watched on FS1. Houston’s Justin Verlander and Minnesota’s Bailey Ober have been named the starters for this contest. The Astros are -156 favorites on the moneyline to win this matchup against the Twins (+132).
Astros vs. Twins 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 5 offense in baseball scoring 5.1 runs per game (827 total runs).
- The Astros are seventh in MLB action with 222 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Houston ranks fourth in the majors with a .259 batting average.
- The Astros are fourth in MLB with a .332 on-base percentage.
- Houston ranks sixth in baseball, slugging .437.
- The Twins have scored 778 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Minnesota ranks third in Major League Baseball with 233 home runs.
- The Twins’ .243 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- Minnesota has the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.325).
- The Twins rank seventh in the majors with a .427 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Twins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been favored on the moneyline 107 total times this season. They’ve gone 56-51 in those games.
- Houston has gone 30-23 (winning 56.6% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -156 or shorter.
- The Astros have an implied moneyline win probability of 60.9% in this contest.
- Houston has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 75 times this season for a 75-70-0 record against the over/under.
- The Astros have covered 48.6% of their games this season, going 71-75-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Twins have won 20 out of the 46 games, or 43.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Minnesota is 4-5 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +132 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Twins have a 43.1% chance to win.
- Games involving Minnesota have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 75 of 145 chances this season.
- The Twins are 75-74-0 against the spread in their 149 chances this season.
|Justin Verlander (HOU)||Pitcher||Bailey Ober (MIN)|
|13 – 8||W/L||0 – 0|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .284 with 112 RBI, both of which are tops among Houston hitters this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, Tucker is 18th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Tucker will look to extend his six-game hitting streak. He’s batting .368 in his last five games.
- Alex Bregman is batting .262 with an OBP of .363 and a slugging percentage of .441 this season.
- Bregman ranks 46th in homers and 20th in RBI among all batters in Major League Baseball.
- Bregman will look to extend his five-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s batting .350 with one homer.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with 31. He’s driven in 97 runs and is slugging .578.
- Alvarez will look to add one more to his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .211 with one homer.
- Jose Altuve has collected 112 hits this season and has an OBP of .393. He’s slugging .522 on the year.
Twins Key Hitters
- Max Kepler paces the Twins in home runs (24) and runs batted in (66).
- Among all batters in the majors, Kepler is 54th in home runs and 106th in RBI.
- Kepler enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .314 with a double, two home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Carlos Correa’s .230 batting average paces his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Correa is 112th in homers and 109th in RBI.
- Correa takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Willi Castro is hitting .257 with 18 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 34 walks.
- Edouard Julien is hitting .260 with 16 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 64 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!