MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 8:03 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: FS1
|Astros||-1.5 (+151)||O 7.5 (-129)||-142|
|Twins||+1.5 (-178)||U 7.5 (+102)||+121|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) MIN: Lopez (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Twins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros will host the Minnesota Twins in the second game of the ALDS on Sunday at 8:03 PM ET, live on FS1 from Minute Maid Park. The Twins will look to bounce back after falling behind in the series in Game 1. Houston’s Framber Valdez gets the start, and he’ll go against Minnesota’s Pablo Lopez. The Astros are -142 favorites to pick up the win, while the underdog Twins have +121 odds on the moneyline.
Astros vs. Twins 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros are the fifth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.1 runs per game (827 total).
- The Astros are seventh-best in MLB play with 222 total home runs.
- Houston has the fourth-best batting average in MLB (.259).
- The Astros rank fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .332.
- Houston’s .437 slugging percentage ranks sixth-best in MLB.
- The Twins have scored the 10th-most runs in the league this season with 778.
- Minnesota ranks third in Major League Baseball with 233 home runs.
- The Twins’ .243 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- Minnesota has an on-base percentage of .325 this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Twins rank seventh in the majors with a .427 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Twins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have won 57 of the 108 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (52.8%).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -142 or shorter, Houston has a 35-30 record (winning 53.8% of its games).
- The Astros have a 58.7% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Houston has combined with opponents to go over the total 76 times this season for a 76-70-0 record against the over/under.
- The Astros have gone 72-75-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Twins have won 20 out of the 47 games, or 42.6%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Minnesota has entered 19 games this season as the underdog by +121 or more and is 8-11 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 45.2% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 76 of its 146 opportunities.
- In 150 games with a spread this season, the Twins are 75-75-0 ATS.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Pablo Lopez (MIN)|
|12 – 11||W/L||11 – 8|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in batting average (.284) and runs batted in (112) this season while also slugging 29 homers.
- Among hitters in baseball, Tucker is 30th in home runs and third in RBI.
- Tucker will look to extend his seven-game hitting streak. He’s batting .300 during his last five games.
- Alex Bregman has collected 163 hits this season and has an OBP of .363. He’s slugging .441 on the year.
- Bregman ranks 46th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 20th in RBI.
- Bregman enters this game on a six-game hit streak. He’s hitting .389 over the course of his last five games with one homer.
- Yordan Alvarez’s 31 home runs lead all Houston hitters, and he’s slugging .578.
- Alvarez will look to add one more to his five-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he has a batting average of .353 with three homers.
- Jose Altuve is batting .311 with an OBP of .393 and a slugging percentage of .522 this season.
- Altuve enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he’s hitting .238 with one homer.
Twins Key Hitters
- Max Kepler leads the Twins in home runs (24) and runs batted in (66).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Kepler’s home run total puts him 54th, and his RBI total ranks 106th.
- Kepler enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .343 with two doubles, two home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Carlos Correa’s .230 batting average paces his team.
- Correa is 112th in homers and 109th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Correa enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .353 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Willi Castro has 18 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 34 walks while hitting .257.
- Edouard Julien is batting .260 with 16 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 64 walks.
- Julien enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!