MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (-120)||O 9.5 (-106)||-250|
|Athletics||+1.5 (+103)||U 9.5 (-119)||+207|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Bielak (R) OAK: Waldichuk (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (24-19) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they host the Oakland Athletics (10-35) Friday at 8:10 PM ET on SportsNet SW. Sportsbooks consider the Astros -250 favorites to extend their streak, while the Athletics are +207 underdogs looking for the upset. Houston’s Brandon Bielak and Oakland’s Ken Waldichuk have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros rank 15th in runs scored with 191, 4.4 per game.
- The Astros are 25th in baseball with 38 total home runs.
- Houston has the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.244).
- The Astros’ .312 on-base percentage ranks 21st in MLB.
- Houston’s .377 slugging percentage is the fifth-lowest average in MLB.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 173 total runs (3.8 per game) this season.
- Oakland has hit 53 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Athletics rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .228.
- Oakland has the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.310).
- Fueled by 122 extra-base hits, the Athletics rank 23rd in MLB with a .383 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have won 50% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (10-10).
- Houston has ynot played as moneyline favorites of -250 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Astros have an implied win probability of 71.4%.
- Houston has played in 32 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 15 times (15-17-0).
- The Astros have put together a 15-15-0 record against the spread this season (covering 50% of the time).
- This season, the Athletics have won eight out of the 34 games, or 23.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Oakland has been at least a +207 underdog on the moneyline five times, losing each of those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 32.6%.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 19 of its 32 games with a total.
- The Athletics are 13-22-0 against the spread in their 35 chances this season.
|Brandon Bielak (HOU)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|0 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .287 this season with a team-high nine home runs and 39 RBI.
- Among all hitters in Major League Baseball, Alvarez’s home run total places him 26th and his RBI tally places him third.
- Alex Bregman is batting .224 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
- Bregman ranks 70th in home runs and 76th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 42 base hits, an OBP of .354 and a slugging percentage of .444 this season.
- Tucker is batting .263 in his last 10 outings while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Jeremy Pena has 43 hits and an OBP of .303 to go with a slugging percentage of .440 this season.
- Pena enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games he’s hitting .350.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker leads the Athletics with 11 home runs and 30 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .295.
- Rooker’s home run total ranks eighth in the big leagues, and he is 20th in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz is hitting .277 with 12 doubles, a triple, a home run and seven walks.
- Ruiz ranks 286th overall in home runs and 59th in RBI this season.
- Ruiz has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .238 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Ryan Noda has eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 30 walks while hitting .215.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .226 with three doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 12 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!