MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 2:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-2.5 (-104)||O 8.5 (-113)||-344|
|Athletics||+2.5 (-112)||U 8.5 (-112)||+278|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) OAK: Kaprielian (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Oakland Athletics (10-37) hope to avoid their fourth straight defeat when they visit the Houston Astros (26-19) Sunday at 2:10 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The Astros are listed as -344 favorites, while the Athletics are +278 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Oakland’s James Kaprielian have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros rank 18th in runs scored with 199, 4.4 per game.
- The Astros average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in MLB action with 40 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 15th in MLB with a .246 batting average.
- The Astros’ .314 on-base percentage ranks 20th in baseball.
- Houston ranks 23rd in baseball with a .380 slugging percentage.
- The Athletics have scored 176 runs (just 3.7 per game) this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Oakland ranks 13th in Major League Baseball with 53 home runs.
- The Athletics rank 27th in MLB with a team batting average of just .228.
- Oakland has an OBP of .309 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Athletics are 25th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .378 this season.
Astros vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros are 12-10 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 54.5% of those games).
- Houston has not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -344 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Astros’ implied win probability is 77.5%.
- Houston has played in 34 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 15 times (15-19-0).
- The Astros have collected a 16-16-0 record against the spread this season (covering 50% of the time).
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 36 times and won eight, or 22.2%, of those games.
- Oakland has played as an underdog of +278 or more once this season and lost that game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 26.5% chance to win.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 19 of its 34 games with a total this season.
- In 37 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 14-23-0 ATS.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||James Kaprielian (OAK)|
|3 – 4||W/L||0 – 3|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs (10) and runs batted in (41) this season while batting .292.
- Of all MLB batters, Alvarez is 27th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and sixth in slugging.
- Alvarez enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .316 with one homer.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .281 with an OBP of .360 and a slugging percentage of .469 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Tucker is 45th in home runs and 13th in RBI.
- Tucker enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .350 in his last five outings with one homer.
- Alex Bregman has 38 hits this season and a slash line of .224/.335/.371.
- Bregman enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .389 during his last five games with two homers.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .253 with an OBP of .296 and a slugging percentage of .425 this season.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker leads the Athletics with 11 home runs and 31 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .292.
- Rooker’s home run total ranks 10th in the big leagues, and he is 19th in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz is hitting .286 with 12 doubles, a triple, a home run and eight walks.
- Ruiz ranks 290th overall in home runs and 74th in RBI this year.
- Ruiz brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .409 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .221 with nine doubles, a triple, four home runs and 31 walks.
- Noda takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with a double, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .221 with four doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 13 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!