MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 4:07 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Astros||-2.5 (-119)||O 8.5 (+103)||-344|
|Athletics||+2.5 (+101)||U 8.5 (-131)||+278|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) OAK: Muller (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Seth Brown leads the Oakland Athletics (10-43) into Saturday’s matchup with the Houston Astros (29-21) on a two-game homer streak. His Athletics are underdogs for the contest, however, with oddsmakers naming the Astros as -344 moneyline favorites. The game starts at 4:07 PM ET from Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, live on NBCS-CA. Framber Valdez takes the mound for Houston while Kyle Muller is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros are the 23rd-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.4 runs per game (218 total).
- The Astros are 25th in baseball with 45 total home runs.
- Houston has the 18th-ranked batting average in the majors (.244).
- The Astros are 20th in MLB with a .315 on-base percentage.
- Houston has the fourth-lowest slugging percentage in MLB (.379).
- The Athletics have scored 185 runs (just 3.5 per game) this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Oakland’s 55 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .221 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .297.
- The Athletics rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .360 this season.
Astros vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros are 14-11 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 56% of those games).
- Houston has played as moneyline favorites of -344 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Astros’ implied win probability is 77.5%.
- Houston has played in 39 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 16 times (16-23-0).
- The Astros have collected an 18-19-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Athletics have won eight out of the 42 games, or 19%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Oakland has played as an underdog of +278 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The Athletics have a 26.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 20 of 40 chances this season.
- The Athletics have an ATS record of 17-25-0 in 42 games with a spread this season.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Kyle Muller (OAK)|
|4 – 4||W/L||0 – 0|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with 12, runs batted in with 46 and his batting average of .293 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Alvarez’s home run total places him 10th and his RBI tally places him second.
- Kyle Tucker has 50 hits and an OBP of .361 to go with a slugging percentage of .452 this season.
- Tucker is 69th in home runs and 21st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Tucker enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .294 in his last five games.
- Alex Bregman has collected 43 base hits, an OBP of .329 and a slugging percentage of .361 this season.
- Bregman is batting .308 with two homers during his last 10 games while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Jeremy Pena has collected 46 hits this season and has an OBP of .286. He’s slugging .405 on the year.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz paces the Athletics with a .275 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ruiz’s home run total puts him 310th, and his RBI total ranks 98th.
- Brent Rooker has shown off his power as he paces his team with 11 home runs and 32 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rooker ranks 17th in homers and 29th in RBI.
- Ryan Noda is batting .233 with 10 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 32 walks.
- Noda takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with a double and a walk.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .204 with five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 13 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!