MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 1, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: Fox Sports 1
|Astros||-1.5 (+112)||O 8.5 (-125)||-188|
|Giants||+1.5 (-131)||U 8.5 (-102)||+159|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Garcia (R) SF: Stripling (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Giants, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (14-13) hope to avoid an upset as -188 favorites when they take on LaMonte Wade Jr (with homers in two straight contests) and the San Francisco Giants (11-16). First pitch is at 8:10 PM ET Monday, live from Minute Maid Park and airing on Fox Sports 1. Luis Garcia will get the ball for Houston while San Francisco will counter with Ross Stripling.
Astros vs. Giants 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros are the 16th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.6 runs per game (124 total).
- The Astros average 1.0 home run per game to rank 22nd in MLB action with 26 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 17th in MLB with a .244 batting average.
- The Astros’ .318 on-base percentage ranks 18th in MLB.
- Houston ranks 23rd in baseball with a .375 slugging percentage.
- The Giants have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 126 (4.7 per game).
- San Francisco’s 46 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- The Giants’ .244 batting average ranks 17th in the league this season.
- San Francisco has an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Giants are seventh in MLB with a .436 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Giants Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have compiled a 3-6 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 33.3% of those games).
- Houston has played as moneyline favorites of -188 or shorter in just one game this season, which it lost.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Astros have an implied win probability of 65.3%.
- Houston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 17 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in eight of those games (8-9-0).
- The Astros have a 9-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Giants have entered the game as underdogs eight times this season and won three of those games.
- San Francisco has played as an underdog of +159 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Giants have a 38.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of its 18 opportunities.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 9-8-0 in 17 games with a spread this season.
|Luis Garcia (HOU)||Pitcher||Ross Stripling (SF)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker has been key for Houston with five home runs, 20 RBI and a batting average of .286 this season.
- Tucker ranks 39th in baseball in home runs, and 20th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs (six) and runs batted in (27) this season while batting .272.
- Among all MLB hitters, Alvarez ranks 24th in homers and third in RBI.
- Alvarez will look to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games, he’s batting .300 with two homers.
- Alex Bregman is slashing .219/.354/.343 this season for the Astros.
- Jeremy Pena is slugging .464 this season, with a team-best six homers while driving in 16 runs.
- Pena is batting .350 with two homers during his last five games. He also comes into Monday’s game looking to extend his six-game hitting streak.
Giants Key Hitters
- Thairo Estrada leads the Giants with a .346 batting average.
- In all of MLB, Estrada is 68th in homers and 145th in RBI.
- Estrada takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .476 with three doubles and three RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .292 with seven doubles, five home runs and five walks.
- Yastrzemski ranks 39th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 70th in RBI.
- Wade is batting .243 with three doubles, a triple, five home runs and 20 walks.
- Wade heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .265 with two doubles, a triple, four home runs, six walks and five RBI.
- J.D. Davis’ six home runs and 17 RBI are both team-highs.
- Davis brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!