MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 2:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Astros||-1.5 (+139)||O 7.5 (-104)||-156|
|Giants||+1.5 (-163)||U 7.5 (-121)||+132|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) SF: Webb (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Giants, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (16-14) and the San Francisco Giants (12-17) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Wednesday at 2:10 PM ET. The Astros are -156 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Giants (+132). Houston’s Framber Valdez and San Francisco’s Logan Webb have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Giants 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros rank 13th in runs scored with 135, 4.5 per game.
- The Astros average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in baseball with 27 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 17th in the majors with a .243 batting average.
- The Astros’ .315 on-base percentage ranks 20th in MLB.
- Houston ranks 24th in baseball, slugging .370.
- The Giants have scored 131 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- San Francisco has hit 48 homers this season, which ranks third in the majors.
- The Giants have a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- San Francisco has the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.322).
- The Giants are 10th in MLB with a .428 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Giants Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite 11 total times this season. They’ve finished 4-7 in those games.
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -156 or shorter, Houston has a 2-4 record (winning only 33.3% of its games).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Astros have an implied win probability of 60.9%.
- Houston has played in 19 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total nine times (9-10-0).
- The Astros are 10-8-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Giants have been the underdog 10 times and won four of those games.
- San Francisco has entered three games this season as the underdog by +132 or more and is 1-2 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 43.1% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- Games involving San Francisco have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 10 of 20 chances this season.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 10-9-0 in 19 games with a spread this season.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Logan Webb (SF)|
|2 – 3||W/L||1 – 5|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .269 with five home runs and 20 RBI for Houston this season.
- Tucker’s home runs rank him 41st in MLB, and he is 25th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with six and runs batted in with 27.
- Alvarez ranks 28th in homers and fourth in RBI among all batters this season.
- Alex Bregman is slashing .211/.338/.325 this season for the Astros.
- Jeremy Pena’s six home runs are most among Houston batters. He’s driven in 17 runs this season while slugging .454.
Giants Key Hitters
- Thairo Estrada paces the Giants with a team-best batting average of .342.
- Estrada ranks 76th in home runs and 159th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- LaMonte Wade Jr has hit six home runs to lead his team.
- Wade is 28th in homers and 182nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Wade has hit safely in eight straight games. During his last 10 games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a triple, four home runs, seven walks and five RBI.
- J.D. Davis paces the Giants in home runs (six) and runs batted in (17).
- Davis has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Wilmer Flores is batting .253 with three doubles, four home runs and six walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!