MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, October 16, 2023 at 4:37 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
|Astros||– ()||O 8.5 (-104)||-123|
|Rangers||+ ()||U 8.5 (-121)||+105|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) TEX: Eovaldi (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Rangers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The ALCS continues on Monday when the Houston Astros play host to the Texas Rangers. The Rangers will look to build on their 1-0 lead in the series when the game begins at 4:37 PM ET on FOX. Framber Valdez will get the ball for Houston while Texas will counter with Nathan Eovaldi. Bookmakers favor the Astros (-123) for this one, while the Rangers have +105 odds as underdogs.
Astros vs. Rangers 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 5 offense in MLB action scoring 5.1 runs per game (827 total runs).
- The Astros rank seventh-best in baseball with 222 total home runs.
- Houston’s .259 batting average is fourth-best in MLB.
- The Astros are fourth in MLB with a .331 on-base percentage.
- Houston’s .437 slugging percentage ranks sixth-best in MLB.
- The Rangers have scored 881 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- Texas has hit 233 homers this season, which ranks third in the majors.
- The Rangers have a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- Texas is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .337.
- Fueled by 577 extra-base hits, the Rangers rank third in MLB with a .452 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Rangers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have won 57 of the 110 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (51.8%).
- Houston has a record of 52-43 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -123 or shorter (54.7% winning percentage).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Astros’ implied win probability is 55.2%.
- Houston has played in 150 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 78 times (78-72-0).
- The Astros have a 74-77-0 record ATS this season (covering 49% of the time).
- This season, the Rangers have been the underdog 50 times and won 26, or 52%, of those games.
- Texas is 18-16 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +105 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 48.8% chance of a victory for the Rangers.
- Texas and its opponents have hit the over in 78 of its 144 games with a total this season.
- In 154 games with a spread this season, the Rangers are 82-72-0 ATS.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)|
|12 – 11||W/L||12 – 5|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in runs batted in with 112 while batting .284, which is also best on the team.
- Tucker’s home runs put him 30th in MLB, and he ranks third in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has collected 163 hits this season and has an OBP of .363. He’s slugging .441 on the year.
- Bregman ranks 46th in homers and 19th in RBI in the majors.
- Yordan Alvarez’s 31 home runs lead all Houston hitters, and he’s slugging .583.
- Jose Altuve has 112 hits and an OBP of .393 to go with a slugging percentage of .522 this season.
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien has 40 doubles, four triples, 29 home runs and 72 walks while batting .276.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Semien ranks 30th in home runs and 16th in RBI.
- Corey Seager is hitting .327 to lead his team.
- Seager currently ranks 16th in home runs and 27th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Seager takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .357 with two doubles, a home run, 10 walks and two RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has a team-high 39 home runs and 107 runs batted in.
- Nate Lowe is hitting .262 with 38 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 93 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!