MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 8:03 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: Fox Sports 1
|Astros||-1.5 (+165)||O 8.5 (-112)||-123|
|Rangers||+1.5 (-196)||U 8.5 (-113)||+105|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) TEX: Eovaldi (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Rangers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The ALCS continues Sunday at 8:03 PM ET when the Houston Astros host the Texas Rangers live on Fox Sports 1 from Minute Maid Park. The Astros would advance to the World Series with a win while the Rangers hope to force a winner-take-all Game 7. Framber Valdez will get the ball for Houston while Texas will counter with Nathan Eovaldi. The Astros are -123 favorites on the moneyline to win this matchup with the Rangers (+105).
Astros vs. Rangers 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 5 offense in baseball scoring 5.1 runs per game (827 total runs).
- The Astros average 1.4 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB play with 222 total home runs.
- Houston ranks fourth in the majors with a .259 batting average.
- The Astros rank fourth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .331.
- Houston’s .437 slugging percentage is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Rangers are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking third with 881 total runs this season.
- Texas’ 233 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers have a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- Texas has an on-base percentage of .337 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
- The Rangers rank third in the majors with a .452 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Rangers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros are 57-54 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 51.4% of those games).
- Houston has a 52-43 record (winning 54.7% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -123 or shorter.
- The Astros have an implied moneyline win probability of 55.2% in this contest.
- In the 154 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 81 times (81-72-1).
- The Astros have covered 49% of their games this season, going 76-79-0 against the spread.
- The Rangers have been underdogs in 51 games this season and won 27 (52.9%) of those contests.
- Texas has entered 34 games this season as the underdog by +105 or more and is 18-16 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 48.8% chance of a victory for the Rangers.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 81 of its 148 chances.
- The Rangers are 84-74-0 against the spread this season.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)|
|12 – 11||W/L||12 – 5|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in batting average (.284) and runs batted in (112) this season while also slugging 29 homers.
- Tucker’s home runs rank him 30th in MLB, and he is third in RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .262 with an OBP of .363 and a slugging percentage of .441 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bregman is 46th in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Bregman has a batting average of .211 with two homers in his last five games and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Yordan Alvarez is slugging .583 this season, with a team-high 31 home runs. He’s also collected 97 RBI.
- Alvarez will look to add one more to his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .400 with two homers.
- Jose Altuve has collected 112 hits this season and has an OBP of .393. He’s slugging .522 on the year.
- Altuve is batting .273 with two homers over the course of his last five games. He also comes into Sunday’s game looking to extend his three-game hitting streak.
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien is batting .276 with 40 doubles, four triples, 29 home runs and 72 walks.
- Semien’s home run total ranks 30th in MLB, and he is 16th in RBI.
- Corey Seager is hitting .327 to lead his team.
- Seager ranks 16th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 27th in RBI.
- Seager heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .227 with a double, a home run and an RBI.
- Adolis Garcia leads the Rangers in home runs (39) and runs batted in (107).
- Garcia has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two home runs and six RBI.
- Nate Lowe is hitting .262 with 38 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 93 walks.
- Lowe brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!