MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, June 8, 2023 at 7:07 PM ET
- Where: Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Astros||-1.5 (+129)||O 8.5 (-104)||-128|
|Blue Jays||+1.5 (-151)||U 8.5 (-121)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) TOR: Berrios (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Blue Jays, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Toronto Blue Jays (35-28) will look to Bo Bichette, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Houston Astros (36-26) Thursday at Rogers Centre. The Astros are -128 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:07 PM ET live on MLB Network. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Toronto’s Jose Berrios have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Blue Jays 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros are the 13th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.5 runs per game (281 total).
- The Astros rank 15th in MLB action with 69 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Houston has the 16th-ranked batting average in MLB (.247).
- The Astros’ .316 on-base percentage is 20th in baseball.
- Houston ranks 18th in baseball with a .399 slugging percentage.
- The Blue Jays have scored the ninth-most runs in the league this season with 292.
- Toronto ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 75 home runs.
- The Blue Jays have a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Toronto has an OBP of .333 this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- The Blue Jays rank seventh in the majors with a .425 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Blue Jays Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have been favored on the moneyline 34 total times this season. They’ve gone 20-14 in those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -128 or shorter, Houston has a record of 18-10 (64.3%).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Astros a 56.1% chance to win.
- In the 50 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 23 times (23-27-0).
- The Astros are 26-23-0 against the spread this season.
- The Blue Jays have won seven, or 50%, of the 14 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- This season, Toronto has won three of its eight games when it’s the underdog by at least +109 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Blue Jays, based on the moneyline, is 47.8%.
- Toronto and its opponents have hit the over in 25 of its 51 games with a total this season.
- In 53 games with a spread this season, the Blue Jays are 26-27-0 ATS.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||José Berríos (TOR)|
|6 – 4||W/L||5 – 4|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs (17) and runs batted in (55) this season while batting .274.
- Of all MLB hitters, Alvarez is 46th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has 58 hits and an OBP of .349 to go with a slugging percentage of .392 this season.
- Bregman is 74th in home runs and 33rd in RBI among all batters this season.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 59 base hits, an OBP of .344 and a slugging percentage of .447 this season.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .250 with an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Bichette has racked up a team-high batting average of .327, while pacing the Blue Jays in home runs (14) and runs batted in (42).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Bichette is 12th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Bichette heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two home runs and three RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is hitting .284 with 14 doubles, nine home runs and 22 walks.
- Guerrero is 55th in home runs and 25th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- George Springer is batting .245 with five doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 22 walks.
- Matt Chapman is hitting .278 with 22 doubles, eight home runs and 27 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!