MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
On Friday, Jose Altuve and the Houston Astros play the Tampa Bay Rays (with Shane McClanahan on the mound). First pitch at Minute Maid Park is scheduled for 8:10 PM ET.
Game Info and Jose Altuve Props
- Day: Friday, July 28, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Hits Prop: Over/under 1 hit (Over odds: -270)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 1 home run (Over odds: +450)
- Total Bases Prop: Over/under 2 total bases (Over odds: +115)
Jose Altuve Stats
- Altuve has collected 32 hits this season and has an OBP of .363. He’s slugging .468 on the year.
- In 57.6% of his games this year (19 of 33), he has collected at least one hit, and in nine of those contests (27.3%) he recorded more than one hit.
- Looking at the 33 games he has played this year, he’s homered in six of them (18.2%), and in 4.1% of his plate appearances.
- Altuve has produced an RBI in 11 games this year (33.3%), including four multi-RBI outings (12.1%). He has also driven in three or more of his team’s runs in two contests.
Rays Pitching Stats and Rankings
- The 9.2 K/9 rate put together by the Rays pitching staff ranks seventh in baseball.
- At 3.70, the Rays have the first-ranked team ERA in baseball.
- Rays hurlers have combined to give up 108 home runs (one per game). That’s the third-fewest homers allowed in baseball.
- The Rays will send McClanahan (11-1) to the mound for his 20th start this season.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 26-year-old ranks fifth in ERA (2.89), 25th in WHIP (1.160), and 18th in K/9 (9.5).
Altuve’s recent games
- vs. Rangers on July 26: 0-for-3
- at Rangers on July 3: 0-for-3, 1 R, 1 K, 2 BB
- at Rangers on July 2: 2-for-5, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 2 K
- at Rangers on July 1: 0-for-4, 1 K
- at Rangers on June 30: 1-for-5, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K
- at Cardinals on June 29: 1-for-2, 2 R, 1 RBI, 2 BB
- at Cardinals on June 28: 2-for-3, 2 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 3 BB
- at Dodgers on June 24: 3-for-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 K, 1 SB
- at Dodgers on June 23: 0-for-4
- vs. Mets on June 21: 0-for-3, 2 BB
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!