MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Josh Naylor will be up against starter Jameson Taillon on Sunday (at 5:05 PM ET) when the Cleveland Guardians take on the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field.
Game Info and Josh Naylor Props
- Day: Sunday, July 2, 2023
- Time: 5:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: MARQ
- Hits Prop: Over/under 1 hit (Over odds: -370)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 1 home run (Over odds: +360)
- Total Bases Prop: Over/under 2 total bases (Over odds: -114)
Josh Naylor Stats
- Naylor leads Cleveland in batting average (.295) and runs batted in (58) this season while also slugging 10 homers.
- Naylor is 94th in Major League Baseball in home runs, and fifth in RBI.
- Among the qualifying players, he ranks 13th in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage, and 44th in slugging.
- Naylor has a batting average of .364 with one homer during his last outings and is on a seven-game hit streak.
- He has picked up a hit in 63.0% of his 73 games this year, collecting more than one hit in 32.9% of them.
- Looking at the 73 games he has played this season, he’s hit a long ball in 10 of them (13.7%), and in 3.4% of his plate appearances.
- Naylor has produced an RBI in 32 games this year (43.8%), including 14 multi-RBI outings (19.2%). He has also driven home three or more of his team’s runs in seven contests.
Cubs Pitching Stats and Rankings
- The Cubs pitching staff is 21st in MLB with a K/9 of 8.4.
- At 3.94, the Cubs have the ninth-ranked team ERA in baseball.
- Cubs pitchers have been tagged for the first-fewest home runs in baseball (79 total, one per game).
- The Cubs’ Taillon (2-6) will make his 14th start of the season.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in 13 games this season with an ERA of 6.75, a 2.65 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.551.
Naylor’s recent games
- at Cubs on July 1: 1-for-4, 1 R, 2 K
- at Royals on June 29: 2-for-5, 1 R
- at Royals on June 28: 2-for-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- at Royals on June 27: 1-for-4, 1 K
- vs. Brewers on June 25: 2-for-5, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K
- vs. Brewers on June 24: 1-for-4, 1 RBI, 1 K
- vs. Brewers on June 23: 1-for-4
- vs. Athletics on June 22: 0-for-4, 2 K
- vs. Athletics on June 21: 4-for-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI
- vs. Athletics on June 20: 0-for-4, 2 K, 1 BB
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!