MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Royals||– ()||O 9.5 (+109)||-120|
|Tigers||+ ()||U 9.5 (-138)||+103|
|Pitching Probables: KC: Greinke (R) DET: Boyd (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Royals vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (15-35) host the Detroit Tigers (21-25) Wednesday to close out a three-game series. The Royals are favored (-120) to win the rubber match, which starts at 7:40 PM ET from Kauffman Stadium. Kansas City’s Zack Greinke and Detroit’s Matthew Boyd have been named the starters for this contest.
Royals vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Royals have the No. 25 offense in MLB play scoring 3.9 runs per game (194 total runs).
- The Royals rank 22nd in baseball with 49 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Kansas City ranks 25th in MLB with a .228 batting average.
- The Royals’ .292 on-base percentage is the worst in MLB.
- Kansas City’s .381 slugging percentage is 25th in MLB.
- The Tigers have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 166 (3.6 per game).
- Detroit’s 38 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Tigers’ .228 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- Detroit is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .298.
- The Tigers rank 29th in the majors with a .348 team slugging percentage.
Royals vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Royals are 1-4 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 20% of those games).
- Kansas City has played as moneyline favorites of -120 or shorter in only two games this season, which it lost both.
- The Royals have an implied moneyline win probability of 54.5% in this contest.
- Kansas City has combined with opponents to go over the total 17 times this season for a 17-17-0 record against the over/under.
- The Royals have gone 17-20-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have won 17, or 50%, of the 34 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Detroit has entered 29 games this season as the underdog by +103 or more and is 14-15 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 49.3% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Detroit’s games have gone over the total in 18 of its 37 chances.
- The Tigers are 22-14-0 against the spread this season.
|Zack Greinke (KC)||Pitcher||Matthew Boyd (DET)|
|1 – 5||W/L||3 – 3|
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino has been key for Kansas City with nine home runs, 23 RBI and a batting average of .251 this season.
- Pasquantino’s home runs rank him 35th in baseball, and he ranks 75th in RBI.
- Salvador Perez leads Kansas City in home runs with 11, runs batted in with 28 and a batting average of .280.
- Perez ranks 14th in MLB in homers, and 40th in RBI.
- Perez has a batting average of .263 with two homers during his last five outings and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Bobby Witt Jr. has 46 hits this season and a slash line of .227/.266/.404.
- Edward Olivares has collected 31 hits this season and has an OBP of .299. He’s slugging .379 on the year.
- Olivares will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .250 during his last five outings.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Javier Baez has a team-high 23 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Baez’s home run total puts him 192nd, and his RBI total ranks 75th.
- Riley Greene has a club-high .287 batting average.
- Among all major league hitters, Greene ranks 151st in home runs and 168th in RBI.
- Greene brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .229 with 10 doubles, four home runs and 15 walks.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .274 with five doubles, three home runs and 16 walks.
- McKinstry enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .267 with a home run, three walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!