MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Royals||-1.5 (+132)||O 9.5 (+103)||-153|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-156)||U 9.5 (-131)||+130|
|Pitching Probables: KC: Keller (R) OAK: Muller (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Royals vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Oakland Athletics (6-26) hope to avoid their fourth straight defeat when they visit the Kansas City Royals (8-24) Friday at 8:10 PM ET on BSKC. The Royals are listed as -153 favorites, while the Athletics are +130 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Kansas City’s Brad Keller gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Kyle Muller.
Royals vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Royals have the No. 25 offense in MLB action scoring 3.7 runs per game (119 total runs).
- The Royals rank 23rd in MLB action with 28 total home runs.
- Kansas City’s .231 batting average ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Royals rank last in MLB with a .289 on-base percentage.
- Kansas City’s .379 slugging percentage ranks 21st in baseball.
- The Athletics have scored the 25th-most runs in the league this season with 119 (3.7 per game).
- Oakland’s 34 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .224 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an OBP of .303 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 26th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .366 this season.
Royals vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Royals have been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- Kansas City has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -153 or shorter.
- The Royals have an implied moneyline win probability of 60.5% in this game.
- Kansas City has played in 20 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-8-0).
- The Royals have collected a 9-11-0 record against the spread this season (covering 45% of the time).
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 22 games this season and won four (18.2%) of those contests.
- Oakland is 3-14 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +130 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 43.5% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of its 21 games with a total this season.
- In 22 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 9-13-0 ATS.
|Brad Keller (KC)||Pitcher||Kyle Muller (OAK)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 2|
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino leads Kansas City in batting average (.288) and home runs (six) this season, while also chipping in with 15 RBI.
- Pasquantino ranks 32nd in baseball in home runs, and 75th in RBI.
- Pasquantino is batting .381 with one homer during his last five games and is riding a four-game hitting streak.
- Bobby Witt Jr. has collected 31 hits this season and has an OBP of .281. He’s slugging .435 on the year.
- Witt Jr. ranks 55th in home runs and 116th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Witt Jr. enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .217 over the course of his last five games with one homer.
- Salvador Perez leads Kansas City in home runs with six and runs batted in with 18.
- Edward Olivares is batting .267 with an OBP of .327 and a slugging percentage of .444 this season.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker paces the Athletics in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (22).
- Rooker’s home run total ranks fifth in the majors, and he is 21st in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz is hitting .265 to lead his team.
- Ruiz ranks 328th in home runs and 88th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Ruiz heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and five RBI.
- Shea Langeliers has two doubles, a triple, six home runs and seven walks while hitting .208.
- Tony Kemp has three doubles, a home run and 12 walks while batting .167.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!