MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Royals||-1.5 (+113)||O 10.5 (+102)||-172|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-133)||U 10.5 (-129)||+146|
|Pitching Probables: KC: Singer (R) OAK: Waldichuk (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Royals vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (8-25) are set to take on the Oakland Athletics (7-26) Saturday at 7:10 PM ET, airing on BSKC. The Royals are listed as -172 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Athletics have +146 odds for the contest. Kansas City’s Brady Singer gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Ken Waldichuk.
Royals vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Royals score the fifth-fewest runs in baseball (127 total, 3.8 per game).
- The Royals average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 24th in baseball with 29 total home runs.
- Kansas City has the 24th-ranked batting average in MLB (.233).
- The Royals’ .293 on-base percentage is the second-worst in MLB.
- Kansas City is 20th in baseball, slugging .382.
- The Athletics have scored the 24th-most runs in the league this season with 131 (four per game).
- Oakland’s 36 home runs rank 14th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of .231 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- Oakland has the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.310).
- The Athletics rank 22nd in the majors with a .378 team slugging percentage.
Royals vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Royals have been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they lost both of the games.
- Kansas City has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -172 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Royals have an implied win probability of 63.2%.
- Kansas City has played in 20 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-8-0).
- The Royals have put together a 9-12-0 record against the spread this season (covering 42.9% of the time).
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 23 games this season and won five (21.7%) of those contests.
- Oakland has a record of 3-12, a 20% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +146 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 40.7% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of its 21 opportunities.
- The Athletics are 10-13-0 ATS in their 23 games with a spread this season.
|Brady Singer (KC)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|2 – 3||W/L||0 – 2|
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino leads Kansas City in homers with six while also maintaining a team-best .289 batting average.
- Pasquantino’s home runs put him 35th in MLB, and he ranks 68th in RBI.
- Pasquantino enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five outings, he’s hitting .429 with one homer.
- Bobby Witt Jr. has 31 hits and an OBP of .281 to go with a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
- Witt Jr. ranks 57th in homers and 121st in RBI this year.
- Witt Jr. will look to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five games, he’s batting .217 with one homer.
- Salvador Perez leads Kansas City in home runs with six and runs batted in with 18.
- Perez enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .263 in his last five games with three homers.
- Edward Olivares is batting .266 with an OBP of .330 and a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker paces the Athletics with 10 home runs and 25 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .333.
- In all of MLB, Rooker ranks fifth in homers and 12th in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz has eight doubles, a triple and four walks while batting .276.
- Among all MLB hitters, Ruiz is 331st in home runs and 93rd in RBI.
- Ruiz has hit safely in seven straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .286 with three doubles, a triple, a walk and five RBI.
- Shea Langeliers has two doubles, a triple, six home runs and eight walks while hitting .212.
- Ryan Noda is batting .247 with six doubles, three home runs and 21 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!