MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 2:10 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Pitching Probables: KC: Lynch (L) WSH: Gore (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Royals vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Washington Nationals (23-29) serve as underdogs on the moneyline (-105) in Sunday’s contest versus the Kansas City Royals (15-38). First pitch is at 2:10 PM ET on BSKC. The Nationals are favored against the spread in this one (1.5) with +148 odds. Kansas City’s Daniel Lynch and Washington’s MacKenzie Gore have been named the starters for this contest.
Royals vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Royals rank 24th in runs scored with 210, four per game.
- The Royals rank 22nd in baseball with 52 total home runs.
- Kansas City has the 24th-ranked batting average in the majors (.231).
- The Royals rank 29th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .295.
- Kansas City has the fifth-lowest slugging percentage in MLB (.383).
- The Nationals have scored the 20th-most runs in the league this season with 224 (4.3 per game).
- Washington ranks 29th in Major League Baseball with just 38 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .267 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- Washington has an OBP of .330 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- The Nationals rank 20th in the majors with a .388 team slugging percentage.
Royals vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Royals have won one of the eight games they were the moneyline favorite this season (12.5%).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -111 or shorter, Kansas City has a record of 1-6 (14.3%).
- The Royals have a 52.6% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Kansas City has played in 37 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 19 times (19-18-0).
- The Royals have collected a 17-22-0 record against the spread this season (covering 43.6% of the time).
- This season, the Nationals have been the underdog 39 times and won 16, or 41%, of those games.
- Washington has a record of 15-22 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least -105 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Nationals, based on the moneyline, is 51.2%.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 16 of its 40 opportunities.
- The Nationals have an ATS record of 26-13-0 in 39 games with a spread this season.
|Daniel Lynch (KC)||Pitcher||MacKenzie Gore (WSH)|
|0 – 0||W/L||3 – 3|
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino has been key for Kansas City with nine home runs, 24 RBI and a batting average of .259 this season.
- Pasquantino’s home runs put him 39th in Major League Baseball, and he is 81st in RBI.
- Pasquantino will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .273 with one homer over the course of his last five outings.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .236 with an OBP of .272 and a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
- Witt Jr. is 39th in homers and 73rd in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Salvador Perez leads Kansas City in batting average (.288), home runs (12) and runs batted in (32) this season.
- Perez is batting .244 with three homers in his last 10 games while also on a four-game hitting streak.
- Edward Olivares has 32 hits and an OBP of .296 to go with a slugging percentage of .374 this season.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas leads the Nationals with eight home runs.
- In all of MLB, Thomas ranks 55th in home runs and 65th in RBI.
- Thomas has safely hit in 12 games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .317 with three doubles, three home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .262 with 15 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 15 walks.
- Candelario is 96th in home runs and 107th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Candelario brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with two doubles, a triple, three walks and three RBI.
- Luis Garcia has seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and 12 walks while batting .280.
- Joey Meneses has a club-best 28 RBI and .300 batting average.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!