MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 22, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Angels||– ()||O 9.5 (-111)||-109|
|Red Sox||+ ()||U 9.5 (-114)||-106|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Silseth (R) BOS: Houck (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Los Angeles Angels (25-23) are favorites (-109) on the moneyline when they square off against the Boston Red Sox (26-21) Monday at 9:38 PM ET, live on MLB Network. Los Angeles’ Chase Silseth gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Tanner Houck.
Angels vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels score the ninth-most runs in baseball (239 total, 5.0 per game).
- The Angels rank ninth-best in baseball with 60 total home runs.
- Los Angeles has the eighth-best batting average in the majors (.261).
- The Angels rank ninth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in baseball with a .419 slugging percentage.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking fourth with 258 total runs this season.
- Boston’s 58 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .268 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- Boston is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .338.
- The Red Sox are fifth in MLB with a .445 slugging percentage this season.
Angels vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have won 54.5% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (12-10).
- Los Angeles has a 12-9 record (winning 57.1% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -109 or shorter.
- The Angels have an implied moneyline win probability of 52.2% in this matchup.
- Los Angeles has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 18 times this season for an 18-18-0 record against the over/under.
- The Angels have collected a 19-18-0 record against the spread this season (covering 51.4% of the time).
- The Red Sox have won 15, or 53.6%, of the 28 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- This season, Boston has won 15 of its 28 games, or 53.6%, when it’s the underdog by at least -106 on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have a 51.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Boston have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 22 of 35 chances this season.
- The Red Sox are 19-18-0 ATS in their 37 games with a spread this season.
|Chase Silseth (LAA)||Pitcher||Tanner Houck (BOS)|
|0 – 1||W/L||3 – 3|
Angels Key Hitters
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .287 this season with a team-high 11 home runs and 32 RBI.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Ohtani’s home run total places him 11th and his RBI tally places him 18th.
- Ohtani is batting .211 with two homers during his last five outings and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Hunter Renfroe has 48 hits and an OBP of .320 to go with a slugging percentage of .483 this season.
- Renfroe ranks 21st in homers and 29th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Renfroe has a batting average of .350 during his last five games and is working on a four-game hit streak.
- Mike Trout has collected 48 base hits, an OBP of .371 and a slugging percentage of .515 this season.
- Trout will look to add one more to his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he has a batting average of .278 with two homers.
- Gio Urshela leads Los Angeles in batting average (.302) this season.
- Urshela enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last five games he’s hitting .375.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox in home runs (13) and runs batted in (44).
- Devers is fourth in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .296 with 15 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Verdugo currently ranks 109th in homers and 105th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Masataka Yoshida has racked up a team-best batting average of .303.
- Yoshida has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, a triple, two walks and four RBI.
- Justin Turner has nine doubles, five home runs and 21 walks while hitting .279.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!