MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Dodgers||-1.5 (+116)||O 8.5 (-142)||-140|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-136)||U 8.5 (+112)||+120|
|Pitching Probables: LAD: May (R) CHC: Wesneski (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Dodgers vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (12-7) will look to Nico Hoerner, after his four-hit game last time out, to lead them in a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers (10-11) on Saturday at 2:20 PM ET on MARQ. The Cubs are +120 underdogs for the contest, according to sportsbooks. Dustin May will get the ball for Los Angeles while Chicago will counter with Hayden Wesneski.
Dodgers vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Dodgers have the No. 6 offense in MLB action scoring 5.0 runs per game (105 total runs).
- The Dodgers are second-best in baseball with 36 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .227 batting average ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Dodgers rank 12th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Los Angeles’ .446 slugging percentage is third-best in baseball.
- The Cubs have scored the fourth-most runs in the league this season with 114.
- Chicago has hit 26 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the majors.
- The Cubs rank first in the majors with a .290 team batting average.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .357 this season, which ranks second in baseball.
- Fueled by 62 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank second in MLB with a .463 slugging percentage this season.
Dodgers vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Dodgers have won 44.4% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (4-5).
- Los Angeles has gone 4-5 (winning 44.4% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -140 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Dodgers’ implied win probability is 58.3%.
- Los Angeles has played in 10 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total four times (4-6-0).
- The Dodgers have a 4-6-0 record against the spread this season (covering 40% of the time).
- The Cubs have been underdogs in five games this season and won three (60%) of those contests.
- Chicago has entered four games this season as the underdog by +120 or more and is 3-1 in those contests.
- The Cubs have a 45.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in five of nine chances this season.
- The Cubs are 8-1-0 against the spread this season.
|Dustin May (LAD)||Pitcher||Hayden Wesneski (CHC)|
|1 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Dodgers Key Hitters
- Max Muncy is batting .238 this season with a team-high eight home runs and 16 RBI.
- Muncy ranks third in MLB in home runs, and 14th in RBI.
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles in batting with a .300 average while slugging three homers and driving in seven runs.
- Freeman is 64th in home runs and 150th in RBI in the bigs.
- James Outman has collected 18 base hits, an OBP of .382 and a slugging percentage of .615 this season.
- Mookie Betts has 18 hits and an OBP of .386 to go with a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads the Cubs with a team-best batting average of .365.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Hoerner’s home run total puts him 175th, and his RBI total ranks 93rd.
- Hoerner enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .386 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and eight RBI.
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .301 with four doubles, five home runs and eight walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Bellinger ranks 11th in homers and 25th in RBI.
- Bellinger heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .450 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads the Cubs with nine home runs and 18 runs batted in.
- Ian Happ has nine doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while batting .301.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!