MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Pitching Probables: LAD: Kershaw (L) CHC: Stroman (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Dodgers vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (12-8) serve as underdogs on the moneyline (+116) in Sunday’s contest against the Los Angeles Dodgers (11-11). The game starts at 2:20 PM ET on MARQ. The Cubs are favored against the spread in this one () with odds. Clayton Kershaw starts for Los Angeles while Marcus Stroman is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Dodgers vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Dodgers score the fifth-most runs in baseball (114 total, 5.2 per game).
- The Dodgers rank second in MLB action with 40 home runs. They average 1.8 per game.
- Los Angeles has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.230).
- The Dodgers’ .330 on-base percentage ranks 11th in baseball.
- Los Angeles’ .457 slugging percentage ranks second-best in MLB.
- The Cubs are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking fourth with 118 total runs this season.
- Chicago has hit 27 homers this season, which ranks sixth in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .284 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- Chicago is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking second with an OBP of .354.
- The Cubs rank third in the majors with a .455 team slugging percentage.
Dodgers vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Dodgers have won 50% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (5-5).
- Los Angeles has a 4-5 record (winning 44.4% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -136 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Dodgers’ implied win probability is 57.6%.
- Los Angeles has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 10 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in four of those games (4-6-0).
- The Dodgers have covered 45.5% of their games this season, going 5-6-0 ATS.
- The Cubs have entered the game as underdogs six times this season and won three of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 3-1 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +116 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cubs have a 46.3% chance to win.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in five of its nine games with a total.
- The Cubs are 8-2-0 ATS in their 10 games with a spread this season.
|Clayton Kershaw (LAD)||Pitcher||Marcus Stroman (CHC)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Dodgers Key Hitters
- Max Muncy is batting .254 this season with a team-high 10 home runs and 19 RBI.
- Muncy ranks first in Major League Baseball in home runs, and ninth in RBI.
- James Outman is a key run producer for Los Angeles with a .314 average, seven homers and 19 RBI.
- Outman ranks fifth in Major League Baseball in homers, and ninth in RBI.
- Freddie Freeman is slashing .306/.388/.471 this season for the Dodgers.
- J.D. Martinez has collected 21 hits this season and has an OBP of .309. He’s slugging .512 on the year.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads the Cubs with a .367 batting average.
- In all of the majors, Hoerner is 106th in home runs and 64th in RBI.
- Hoerner takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .378 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .289 with four doubles, five home runs and nine walks.
- Bellinger ranks 15th overall in homers and 31st in RBI this season.
- Patrick Wisdom leads the Cubs in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (18).
- Ian Happ is batting .307 with nine doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Happ heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with three doubles, four walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!